Monthly Revenue Data fail to generate for more than 144 hours

Reproduction Steps

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 Gecko/20100101 Firefox/102.0
  • Platform Type: Mac
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior

I expect the Monthly Revenue Data to be downloadable after a while, or if an error occurs,

• either this is displayed and the generation of the file is tried again
  • or at least the process can be restarted or canceled manually.

Actual Behavior

Sometimes the Monthly Revenue Data is stuck on generating forever.

Workaround (Monthly Revenue Data fail to generate for more than 144 hours - #10 by CSJeverything)

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/2068784631/stats
Impact: High
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2021-12-18 21:00:00
Date Last Experienced: 2022-07-05 00:00:00

3 Likes

Edit: For more than 200 hours now :slightly_frowning_face: I hope this will be fixed soon…

Thanks for the report ! Can you try again ? If generating the report still takes more than ~1 min, try refreshing the page.

1 Like

Nothing has changed, it’s still stuck on generating

Have you got any extensions installed? If so, try disabling them and trying again

1 Like

I have tried on all my devices (including mobile without extensions) and it didn’t work

Probably won’t affect it, but can you try using the old place statistics page?

https://www.roblox.com/places/PLACEIDHERE/stats

1 Like

Same issue happening here for the Monthly Game Stats report. This has happened to many people for different months, so I’d assume it affects both game stats & revenue.

For example, I cannot generate February 2019 for my experience here. This issue has persisted for almost a couple of years now as far as I know.

EDIT: Solved!

2 Likes

I really don’t know why, but it says “Access Denied”. It works with other experiences tho

EDIT: I did not insert the place id, but instead the id show in the create.roblox.com link

After trying again to access the old place statistics page again and then triggering the generation again, I was able to download the Monthly Revenue Data on both the old (www.roblox.com/places/PLACEID/stats) and the new (create.roblox.com/creations/experiences/ANOTHERIDHERE/stats) versions of the place statistics. I do not know why, but in the new stats is a different id in the web adress than in the old place statistics…

Simplified steps for the workaround:

This is just a workaround. The bug is not fixed yet.

Thank you @PoppyandNeivaarecute for the idea!

1 Like

Hi, we are actively investigating this issue. We believe network timeouts are contributing to the issue, in which case the operation would fail but the UI appears stuck.

While the investigation is in progress, we are exploring other ways to make it more obvious that an error was encountered and to indicate to the user to try again.

Thanks for your patience!

4 Likes