Multiple Tools in Roblox Studio Broken when Any Plugin is Enabled

Just discovered another symptom of this issue: it’s preventing me from using the - to Roblox as… options in the File menu. Presumably because the Publish and Save To options are both widgets, the same issue causing default tools not to work also prevents the publish Guis from being made. No errors are generated when attempting to use these options, they simply don’t do anything.

3 Likes

I’ve also been experiencing this issue. I can’t open terrain, use the select/move/resize tools at all. I noticed it a few days back. It happens whenever I use a plugin. Sometimes restarting studio will fix it, but usually not. It’s really interfering with my work.

I’ve noticed it primarily causing this issue when I am on my Macbook Pro. When I use windows, it doesn’t seem to happen to me as often. I did noticed that the issue also seems to happen specifically on group places/online places for me. If I’m working on an offline save, the issue does not occur or at least hasn’t so far.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
Thanks for being so patient about this issue. We have just shipped a fix for it, so please try it out and tell us if this issue is resolved.

5 Likes

Hi, it seems the bug is still there, but not exactly the same. All default ROBLOX tools are working, (Move, Scale, etc.), but all user-made plugins are not working.

(I have reloaded studio a couple of times, still no fix.)

Edit: I have loaded into many different places, still having the same issue.

Sorry to hear that. Could you PM me your Studio logs so I can take a closer look?

2 Likes

Upon further investigation, the fix caused some issues with loading user plugins, so we will be turning the fix off in order to resolve these issues.
In the meantime, we believe that the Studio tools being broken is tied to having user plugins enabled and opening Studio from the website, so opening Studio locally and disabling user plugins until after loading your Studio place should work as workarounds for dealing with this problem. We are treating this as a high priority problem and apologize for the inconvenience.

8 Likes

It happens normally, the plugins ain’t affecting me. All works if you open from studio, but if you open from the website it doesn’t. There is something wrong while opening from the website and since there is no other way to access places which are part of a game and the game explorer has the same issue as opening the place from the website. There is practically no way for me to work on those places properly. I have to load Terrain and all my work to another place because of this bug. You guys may know already that ToolBox, Terrain Editor, All Handles (Select, Move, Resize, Rotate). Those are all the broken stuff and the RobloxPluginGuiService is completely EMPTY, there is not a single DockWidgetPluginGui found in there…

Not sure if you mean turning off plugins doesn’t work, but if you don’t then that’s a solution to definitely look into. For others as well as myself, having all installed user plugins disabled when a place opens works around this bug. You can enable the plugin after the place loads and all should work fine for that session.

This seems to happen constantly, the best way to reproduce is using studio to open a new blank baseplate by using the little paper icon.

1 Like

What do you mean? If I disable each plugin everything will return to normal?

Correct. It’s the current temporary fix. It works for me.

1 Like

OHHH NOOOO! Ok, it worked pretty good until you open a new place. I opened a new place and the Roblox Studio crashed. If you click Plugin Manager it crashes Roblox Studio. I will have to delete Roblox and reinstall it…

Something that I did was closing the place and re-opening it without disabling anything. It worked again the 2nd or 3rd time.

Been having this bug since early october. Super annoying. I made a threat about this as well but it was close by a forum moderator saying that this was a network issue. It fixes itself after some time but it reoccurs again the next day or in a few hours.

The Bug
In studio I’ll open my game file with two places, the starter place will have no issue with opening tabs, using tool draggers, and moving models. But whenever I open the second place from Asset Manager, all of the above functionality does not work. This bug started happening about a week and a half ago, and I’d estimate occurs about 20% of the time when opening the second place file from within the first. The bug will go away when I close out of studio and reopen the place.
Other Notable Issues

1. Multiple tools will be “equipped” at once but won’t work or show up
  2. Draggers will not appear
  3. Tabs for toolbox, manager, etc, won’t appear

Screenshots
Issue1

I’m unsure if there is a viable method of reproducing this bug as it seems to only occur out of chance within opening the place file.

Machine/Studio Info

1. OS is a Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
  2. System Model is a Windows Surface Laptop
  3. x64-based PC
  4. Studio Verison is 0.455.0.413788 (64bit)
1 Like

I wanted to add to this, but I am also experiencing this bug as well. I recently had just noticed this bug a few days ago when I opened Studio, and I can see it’s still an ongoing issue for multiple users.

A bit late to the party, but yea, enabling team create seemed to fix this issue for me as well, strange

I have no idea if this has been 100% fixed or not but I just got into Studio & it loaded normally like it used to do. Has it been fixed yet? :thinking:

Yes, a fix for this has finally been enabled, thanks for your patience.

Please let us know if you’re still experiencing this.

7 Likes

Tools seem to work! Toolbox too.