My first GFX. (Banner)

Yes! I opened it and it’s uploaded.

1 Like

In my opinion more lighting is needed, as previously said it doesn’t blend in. Also, I feel like the character is just thrown in, in my opinion it might be even levitating. Lol. Background is good but I don’t believe it’s yours. Better pose needed.

I recommend going to hdrihaven.com It’s a website that has very cool HDRIS that you can choose from!!

1 Like

Is there an object that spawns or is it just natural lighting from HDRI?

I would say it is bad since you didn’t render the background.

Don’t worry everyone, I made it so much better. Make sure to check out my next post for my newest one.

A basic summary of what I was going to say.

It was good for your first try just keep practicing not everyone is going to be perfect on the first try just don’t listen to the haters and like @moonartcommissions said there is no right or wrong or bad art you just need to keep practicing :smiley:

1 Like

I would say that it needs shadows and for lighting to match. The character seems to have a fringe around the edge as well. The pose is also slightly awkward and the angel doesn’t match the background. Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.NET/Photopea should work. If you render something out you can render it transparent anyways, though.

It’s just bad, ngl. I recommend you to pay more attention detailng your GFX. Ik it’s your first time but yeah

I’m sorry, but it looks terrible. This doesn’t look like Blender, and just looks like you slapped that image onto a random PNG file. I hope you can do a better one next time, and use a tutorial

Can you give credit to the background?
i did a google image search and found out that the background isn’t yours
https://www.reddit.com/r/CozyPlaces/comments/erbo09/quite_neon_alley_in_tokyo/?utm_source=ifttt

1 Like

Don’t let the people get you down. Although they’re trying to give you feedback it looks like they’re letting some emotion escape. Everyone starts somewhere. Even if it’s just a png slapped onto a background. Take the advice from what these people say and build on from that. It is how you grow.

1 Like

Guys, this thread was about 3 months ago, no need to reply anymore. The OP got enough rough criticism and exactly knows what the point to improve now. He got it that it’s “terrible” or “just slapped a png on it”, you don’t have to say the same thing again from what another person said. At this point, the “constructive criticism” isn’t criticism anymore, rather than just harsh messages.

2 Likes

Nice for first try but there’s a lot to improve

Tip 1: Use blender and make the gfx transparent instead of slapping an image

Tip 2: Use hdris to improve lighting

Tip 3: Practice practice the more you practice the better you get and once you have reached a certain skill level challenge yourself

One more thing this is the tutorial I used when making my first gfx

2 Likes