My own products should be free for me

As a developer I have to pay roblox in order to test purchases in my game. I don’t think I should have to do that.

76 Likes

You can test a product for free if you play in studio

2 Likes

My players aren’t playing in studio. When they report a bug I have to test it in the environment they’re using.

33 Likes

Yea okey, that’s true :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I agree, we really should have the tools to buy a product like a player does it.

4 Likes

Accidentally spent 600 robux today when I forgot that products aren’t free online.

That’s like 2 dollars :confused:

11 Likes

Yeah, if we could have the ability to ‘buy’ our products for free while on a live server, that’d be great. It would make debugging a lot easier.

8 Likes

This would also be even more beneficial if my suggestion was added in, I think—all owners would be able to purchase for free.

(Post here if you’d like to see. There is also a useful discussion in the thread that has more information. Allow Multiple Owners )

3 Likes

Not to mentions if your dev product uses functions from TeleportService. Such as

GetPlayerPlaceInstanceAsync(),
ReserveServer(),
or Teleport().

These can’t be used in studios forcing anyone to spend their own Robux to test. I currently have this issue.

10 Likes

Along with this have the ability to give people you choose to purchase the monetization products for free to test like a friend or a developer. Could also specify a group role maybe as well.

2 Likes