My quest to become UGC approved

Today was sea theme. A pearl head, and a crabby backpack.

15 Likes

Really nice project you have made, I do have a suggestion. It is, just don’t make it really weird and uncomportable like the Pancakes Head, it’s really funny tho, but just make sure don’t end up silly!!

1 Like

I really like these! You’re pretty creative and not lazy by any means with your work.

I suggest reaching out to people in the Video Stars Program and asking if they need anyone to make stuff for them. It has worked for my friend before, and the item he made was published to the UGC catalog.

Don’t give up! You have so much potential, just keep going at it and you’ll get accepted into UGC in no time! :smile:

3 Likes

Some for today… parts! Thumbs up face, an eye head… and ears (because there is a serious lack of ears around here!)

8 Likes

A couple for today… robot heads :smiley:

5 Likes

Dude, I think you’re overqualified.

7 Likes

Todays is because some games are dangerous… but with this armor you have maximum protection :smiley: (And the pieces are 3 things, so back , front, and head)

5 Likes

Dang, I love these! They’re so creative and unique, I know everyone isn’t a big fan of the ice cream head but I personally would wear it :grin: Keep up with the amazing work and good luck towards becoming UGC approved!

1 Like

These look really cool, but also seem like they may be pretty high poly. I think Roblox has a pretty low triangle limit for ugc assets. I don’t actually know what is but you might want to make sure you’re not exceeding a couple thousand verticies.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: Actually they are all under the 1200 vert limit for accessories.

These are so cool! How do you manage to stay under the limit and still make your meshes have amazing detail? :hushed:

1 Like

It’s hard on some things, like that first bear backpack ended up getting muddled up by reducing the vert count.

But most things stand up pretty ok as long as I don’t make them too complicated… and then textures can help too.

I model them all pretty high poly count (in zbrush) and then use the tool in zbrush to automatically decimate the vert count down to the target 1200. It’s a tool that has a prime function of trying to retain the shape as much as possible in the target vert count limit (which is why I usually always hit at 1199 verts or 1200 verts).

I think most of them look good but some of them like:

This is I think way too creepy to be honest

5 Likes

Ah, I see!

And, how do you come up with such amazing concepts? My brain struggles to come up with anything creative and original. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, once again/ I am raiting this,
I’d say- I’m really confused. This is really hilarious, and really funny.

The one eye head is really confusing for me.
Thanks for making more by the way, have a great day.

1 Like

Todays is a set of 4… a steampunky traveler :octopus:

9 Likes

I had this idea today so figured I’d make it real quick. A lot less about the modeling and more about the concept :smiley:

11 Likes

This reminds me a lot of Minecraft when Skeletons shoot you with their bow. :bow_and_arrow:

6 Likes

If you become a ugc then please release the Shark one…

1 Like

A mask for today… I might do something else later too.

4 Likes