Networker | Simple and efficient networking

Networker

Networking module which provides optimisations over the default remote events.

Benefits

• Organised
  • Optimised
  • Uses strict type checking, allowing better autocomplete and catching errors

Benchmarks (50 calls, code in testing game)

• Networker: 60μs call, 2.4KB, 53ms ping
  • BridgeNet2: 70μs call, 2.9 KB, 54ms ping
  • Roblox default: 200μs call, 5 KB, 53ms ping
  • FastNet: 20μs call, 6 KB, 170ms ping

Roblox model | Docs | Github

16 Likes

I will say my avg ping went to 174 to this:

Whats the point of doing 5k fires per frame if it will like never happen even if you have like 100 players it won’t reach that point

That’s just to demonstrate, you can test with any amount of fires.

That’s not what its actually made for, these networking library here for increasing efficiency and remove ping created by remote events

RemoteEvents and RemoteFunctions might be enough in most cases. Sometimes though, a fast and scalable solution is needed.
This is not a waste of a post. Just because you don’t have a use for it, doesn’t mean others don’t have one either.

5 Likes

I keep seeing these modules pop up and I have yet to see an explanation for why they’re more “optimized” than just doing remotes normally. And no, doing everything through one remote does not offer a performance increase.

1 Like

If you dont have a use for it then why even comment on this post, you don’t even know what you’re talking about

Could you provide the source instead of rbxl/rbxm files? Maybe a roblox link or something of the such, I just don’t trust the files given.

Also if this is supposed to compete with for example: “BridgeNet” then why not support things like the wally registry and have the project designed and fully managed by rojo?

I downloaded the files and put them in my studio and it pretty much just lowered my average ping but that was it, I’m not sure if it decreased my RAM or not