New Asset Privacy and Permissions Features for Audio and Video

Ah yes, functionality locked behind friend and group limits that were set when Roblox were thousands times smaller.

5 Likes

Great update! Honestly all people really need and no public audio shouldn’t come back because there is absolutely no reason for it to be here if people are going to abuse it anyways.

3 Likes

for sure, boomboxes are non-existent, right? “oOoOh PeOpOl AbUsE tHeM!1!!” yk, i bought a boombox in one game recently and i dont want to play crappy music from blox library. i want to play my own music.

3 Likes

at least I’d be able to share my sound effects with my team without worrying about activating permissions for games, they’ve activated them themselves

2 Likes

They got sued for 200 million USD by the National Music Publishers’ Association because it was too easy for someone to upload copyrighted music and for anybody on the platform to use it, easily spreading copyright infringement. The uploaders could easily use alt accounts to not get terminated for infringement if the audio ever got taken down.

4 Likes

Even tho this is not the best, I’m trying to expand the “blox library”. Every quarter I go ahead look for artists and proceed to work with them in direction of licensing the music to Roblox (If interested here).

Anyways the best solution would be music publishers and distributors go ahead and license their music into the platform. (Subjective opinion) I tread the questions about public audio same as people trying to get their music to e.g. Spotify or Apple Music.

You have maybe 3 ways to get music public on Roblox:

1. Publish via third party to Roblox.
  2. License music by yourself.
  3. Wait till maybe end of 2024 or even early 2025 for public.

How to do 1 and 2:

1. There are currently 3 open Roblox publishers: 0to8, maykit and Clippsly. Try reaching out to their support you may chance to get it.
  2. Read my messages in this thread about this step: How can I use my own Copyrighted Music in my own game? - #11 by CryBlanka

Hope I helped!

2 Likes

That’s really nice! It would be cool if we get same permission features on animations

1 Like

aw man i still can’t make my audio public. ):

4 Likes

Could we just revert the audio update please

4 Likes

You’re giving them too much credit, they’ve already forgotten.

5 Likes

Is it possible to allow games that you dont have studio access to use your audios?
Just asking.

3 Likes

nah bro you can’t. If you was able to then every audio maker would use that.

3 Likes

Nowhere near enough but hey! Atleast it’s an improvement?

4 Likes

This is cool and all but wouldn’t it be better to…oh idk…maybe LETTING US SET OUR OWN AUDIO TO PUBLIC?!! It seems a lot easier than making a new system to share the audio lol. (And if your worried about the library being spammed with bypass audio why not just make a daily limit?!?)

4 Likes

Terrible idea as I’ve said ealier

2 Likes

Explain to me how its such a “terrible idea” despite the majority of the community wants it? If it was a terrible idea then why would roblox tease it?
25b063cd626839343be238c8efba49f8bfc15b1d

4 Likes

Look what have happened before the privacy update, it was years of users playing and bypassing most vile and racist sounds. The catalog was lacking music and soud effects before too so this update really did nothing.

With majority you mean several people who find a reason to hate on new features which mostly are good, but also get mad when something is being removed? Not everyone can get what the want.

They’re just showing that it is unavailable, they are not teasing.

2 Likes

at the very least, short audios that are less than 6 seconds shouldn’t be prevented from being made public and there are still copyright checks in place, so it isn’t as if they magically disappear

1 Like

Completely agree with this one. Audios should be public by default when created, and it should be up to the (user) whether they’d like to have it be private. It’d solve a lot of problems

5 Likes

I noticed that they got rid of the “specific experiences” / “all experiences” bubbles, which seems to eliminate an entire step in making the audio free-to-take and searchable (now you only have to press the marketplace toggle, when it comes out again), but also eliminates the option of making it so although it can’t be searched for in the toolbox, anyone who has the asset ID can use the audio, which was the default behavior under the old settings before the new privacy system (not saying it should be the default behavior again obviously but it’d be nice for those who don’t want to whitelist experiences and users every time).