New Brightness Property for 3D GUIs

lord thank you this was literally ruining a game before

2 Likes

No.

42 Likes

I always love to see new features added to Studio! Keep up the great work engineers!

1 Like

That’s just bloom. Find the Lighting service then insert a Bloom object and set the Intensity to 0.

Now, Roblox please add image filters and image masking

21 Likes

When is a blurry gui coming? That’d be a cool feature.

10 Likes

Looks nice! Maybe I can use it with my Sky3D module somehow :thinking: (Just tried it, it actually looks so much better than before)

This would be amazing. You could be able to create ui shadows super easily and also it would just look nice

4 Likes

This update is really amazing.

Brightness = 1 on the left, Brightness = 2.5 on the right.

Sample: Brightness.rbxl (46.0 KB)

51 Likes

Does this mean that bright sunlight during the day won’t weaken the the perceived brightness of the UI as it does for local light sources?

6 Likes

I have waited for this feature to come out, this is a really cool update Roblox!

1 Like

TELELVISIN! Very nice, opens up to possibilities especially for malls with lots and lots of screens.

1 Like

Okay great! Now add transparency and blur effects for ui elements, please!

5 Likes

This is so cool! I can use this to create textured neon-like materials!

27 Likes

Next up, please support HDR colors for BaseParts :smiley:

5 Likes

This a very useful update! I wanted this feature to be added to Roblox for the TVs and tablets that I have been working on. Adding a blur effect would be great too! Like, GuiObject.Blur which would be a float value.

1 Like

Could you share the lgnew.webm file you used for that?

2 Likes

Does this work with screen GUIs?

No, screen GUIs do not have a brightness and do not use the HDR pipeline. They are rendered in 2D on the screen, not as 3D objects.

2 Likes

This is what I was waiting for! I wanted a Brightness or Neon effect on my GUI’s. Now I can do that. I don’t know how to post Studio Update or Feature Topics. That’s why I couldn’t say that. I have more ideas to make Roblox Studio better and easier!

5 Likes

i think they already explained why they couldnt do that.

2 Likes

wait what where cn u pls send a link