New Character I made (Fluff Puff)

So I recently made a topic intruding my new Fluff Puff Character (Fluff Puff is the new official name) Everyone seemed to think it’s cute and after talking with a few people I’ve got a solid idea as to where I’m going to take the project. I felt quite inspired by y’alls comments so I made and animated a doggo following the same style based off of my irl pet pug.

I also made a hat for the main character

To top this post off I’ve created a new type of tree I’m unsure however if I should make the vegetation following a smooth style or a polygon style. If you could leave a reply letting me know which one you think is best that’d be much appreciated!

Any type of Model,Animation,Game suggestions etc are welcome!

32 Likes

Woah- I love it! Is there a way I can play it?

1 Like

Glad you like it. You can play test it here however It’s currently paid access until I get the core game aspects in Fluff Puff (Early Access) - Roblox

2 Likes

yoooo, this is lit - any snippets of what the game is gonna be?

1 Like

It’s going to be an open world game, Quests,Tools,Inventory,Character Customization, and maybe vehicles and weapons

2 Likes

is that a…marshmellow dog!? Amazing. Cannot wait to see more.

3 Likes

I personally prefer the polygon style. It fits in more with the blocky characters. By the way, your characters are so cute! I love the animations. Great job!

2 Likes

For your game I think the smooth style would fit better :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think they look very good, but two things could be improved:
1: The Fluff Puff character´s face somewhat rubs me the wrong way.
2: The animations are a bit stiff.
Otherwise, good job!

1 Like

your style is just the best! I absolutely love it! I would love to see a tutorial on how you rig / animate the models :eyes:

These posts have motivated me to try this out for myself, here is how it went:
https://gyazo.com/75bf946a7b2aa4efb3fd72dd9926c8f7

1 Like

This is looking great so far! Can’t wait to see the other things you will add to the game.

1 Like

Wow this is looking great so far from your last post!

Personally, I like the smoothed out tree mode, one thing to try, is maybe put the branch/trunk from the low poly one on the smoothed one, cause I feel it would be a good contrasty feel to balance it out rather than feeling too smooth

1 Like

YO MY HOMIE!

Lol. This looks really nice! I’ll definitely try this game out when it’s released.

2 Likes

For some reason, I can’t seem to see your pet. But I can see the trees! And I like the smooth style best. :ok_hand: :happy3: But to make it a bit smoother, make it one mesh instead of three. It makes a weird jagged line when separated into several parts:
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 10.28.22 AM

2 Likes

That looks awesome, I really don’t see anything you could change to make it better!

1 Like

Thanks budd1107. I’m looking forward to making more!

Thanks moon. I’m planning on adding up everyone’s vote for the final style of the vegetation so I’ll make sure to take note.

1 Like

I’ll take note of your feedback. Thank you stqrrydev!

1 Like

Are those “truffula” trees? The trees look like the ones from the Lorax movie :joy:! I like the animations on the characters a lot. But as WhyIs_AnOrangeOrange said:

1: The Fluff Puff character´s face somewhat rubs me the wrong way.

I feel the exact same way, but overall good job, better than what I can do right now.

Quote of the day:

John 3:16, For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting.

1 Like

Just wondering, is there a video that you of that will tell you how to create working rigs, because I’m very confused on a step of creating a rig.