New Default Code Font in Studio - Fira Mono

Courier New, it’s listed many times throughout the topic.

2 Likes

Great. Well, my font is the same, but I saw that the Roblox Studio’s font and the developer-forums font changed. I find it in a good way, as it looks more modern than before.

1 Like

This is a really nice change, although I never really stuck with the default font and used Fira Code anyways :sweat_smile: Still a great change though.

1 Like

Nice change. Will this font be available in GUIs as well?

2 Likes

@TheTypicalDoge @WaterGuy130 @Frogbottles @CatzRule_81

Default fonts:
Script editor - Courier New 9pt (File → Studio Settings → Script Editor)
Output window - MS Shell Dlg 2 8pt (File → Studio Settings → Output)

8 Likes

An amazing change, bringing more clarity to our code one step at a time.
Finally I can tell what’s a zero and what’s not on my lower-resolution laptop.

The only problem I have with Fira Mono is that it takes away that sort of “code-y” feel to scripts. Maybe there should be an option to toggle between the two fonts? (with Fira Mono being the default option)

Finally, Studio’s default settings look a little less like a Source Engine game from 2006. Of course, I changed my code font to Input Mono years ago (output window uses Pragmata Pro).

Nice update. I do prefer Courier New, but I’ll give this new font a try before switching back.

I’ve got to disagree with you on the readability of this new font; specifically for people with dyslexia. The characters appear way closer and more meshed together. Courier New isn’t perfect either, but I have yet to find a font that has decent spacing between the characters.

It could just be that I am used to Courier New and I can tell the difference between the characters but Fira Mono is much harder for me to read. Then again its all up to personal preference and we have every right to chose whichever one we want. I’m just disappointed that they forced the change on us. It’s pretty annoying to go back and fix a setting I know I want all because of an update.

2 Likes

For the output, change it to Calibri 10pt. normal. Idk if it’s the exact one but it looks pretty similar.

5 Likes

It’s a good change, but I’ve used the default for so long that I need some time to get used to this.

Will the font in the Developer Console be changed as well?

3 Likes

Probably not unless this font also becomes available in-game.

I don’t see anything wrong with it. In fact, it makes it a lot easier to read which helps accessibility. No need to make it look 10x worse than it really is. This is something that many developers would like to have: a program that is accessible and readable.

9 Likes

Makes code stand out way better. I’m going to stick to courier new though. Also the output looks awful with the new font, but otherwise it’s a welcome change

1 Like

Amazing

I think the new update is cool, since you can view better the code, but I am a bit worried about the L and O writing. I may confuse it, later.

1 Like

Nice visual upgrade. I was mixing , with dot so this is good.

But I cant see a change on brackets just bolder I guess

and if i personally prefer the old font? how do i get it back…

2 Likes

As a regular VSC and Jetbrains user, I really appreciate this update since I can finally have consistency across all my developing software which will improve readability and productivity! Thanks for the update. :+1:

2 Likes

100% agree, kinda harder to read