New Default Code Font in Studio - Fira Mono

Do love the fact it’s easy to read and I personally admire the space between commas.

[CITATION NEEDED]

Do you have proof the screenshots are low quality and don’t represent the real font?

Haha, look at that - looks like the “Luckiest Guy” font! lol

Ah yes, every letter is capital. This is the best! O-o
OCD is definitely not hurting me right now…

:frowning:

For those wondering, the previous fonts were:
Output Font: Ms Shell Dlg 2 - 8pt - Normal
Scripting Font: Courier New - 9pt - Normal

I appreciate you trying something new - even if I wouldn’t be as brave as you guys to just change the font for thousands of users with no warning. We’re a fickle bunch and can sometimes get cranky over changes like this…

6 Likes

I honestly prefer the old font, to me the text seems to bold or crammed in, glad we can switch it back though!

2 Likes

Imma just change my font back to courier new, im not a big fan of this new font.
It’s just harder to read.

2 Likes

Source Sans Pro looks like the one if you want to change it to somewhat normal!

1 Like

I haven’t used Courier New in the output before but my guess is they ‘fixed’ the monospace fonts in the output. I expect that’s the intended look of the text now that each character takes up the same amount of space.

I really like this update because I think it will be easier for new programmers to learn. Good job Roblox.

wait, but wasn’t it always fira mono i swear

1 Like

I personally really dislike the font. I think there is too much spacing and it actually hurts my eyes being so big. I don’t really understand why other people like it, especially the output window change. It’d be nice if there was an option to opt out of font changes in the future so I don’t have to change my settings every time.

1 Like

Guess it’s just a familiarity issue but now with the new font it just looks weird. Why not have a possibility of letting the users themselves be able to choose what font they wanna use in the studio options. Users are gonna have a hard time adapting to a change of font considering how many years the old font was being used.

ngl font customization is a thing more people should be aware of

3 Likes

There is the option already in Studio Settings, just change it to Courier New and set the type to regular.

This seems like a good new font that I will have to try. I know some people may think I am weird but I like to use Comic Sans MS for the code editor and output.

Is there somebody having issue with saving fonts in studio? I am trying to get it back to old fonts and when I restart studio it just come back to new fonts.

This feature doesn’t seem to have been rolled out to sitetest builds?

My output got this super weird font, and looked really bad and hard to read, so I had to switch it to something that was more readable.

I personally use Consolas 12pt font for scripting AND reading the output now.

I don’t really know why the other font couldn’t have just been brightened up for better view, but yeah. Highly recommend using consolas 12pt font if you don’t like this new change. I don’t see why it was necessary fully, but I understand it can be hard for some to read.

3 Likes

this is actually really cool and much more clean than the pervious font, very awesome