New Default Code Font in Studio - Fira Mono

I was a bit confused at first. But overall, it is a pretty good upgrade from the old font! Everything is very clear and b o l d.

looks clean i like it a lot, though i am also not a scripter but i digress

Ugh, yet another update nobody asked for…
But what’s this? It’s actually good?

Jokes that might get me in trouble aside, this subtle, yet fine update really adds to the quality of life improvements that all developers like. A bolder font is easier to read.

This is just an opinion and at least I can change it. I prefer Courrier New but everyone’s free to their opinion. I might change opinions.

For those wanting to revert back, here are the actual old fonts (at least on Windows machines):
Output: Source Sans Pro, 9pt
Code editor: Courier Pro, 10pt

Then why can’t the same people who complain about the readability change it themselves? Why do we have to be forced to new changes when we have no way of opting out?

1 Like

Then why can’t the same people who “complained” about “the font readability” (literally no one besides the people who didn’t complain to devforum and changed it themselves) change it themselves? Yeah! Change everyones studio and let EVERYONE taste the glory of the future!

Hey, if anyone has the weird visual text on Windows 10, I found a method to fix it :slight_smile:

But first I also suggest that you create a system restore point if anything bad happens

You Can Also turn this off

Select Windows Button and Type ClearType, Press Open

Open the app, and you should see this

Next, click Turn On ClearType, and Press Next, Next it will say Windows is making sure your monitor is set to its native resolution, You can click next,

it going to ask your 4 more times, to select which text sample look best for you, once your, done Press finish,

Next, go StudioSettings/script editor/ Font, change your font to fire mono, I changed my to fire mono medium, myes too a little time for it works.

Before

After

2 Likes

I’ve actually switched to the Fira Code font for both the script editor and output. It’s a really good looking font, I love it.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. For my output, the spacing seems very off. I really enjoy the change in the script editor but something is not quite right with output right now. Maybe turning the font size down will fix this?

Probably because of two reasons:

1. The don’t know how or didn’t know you could change scripting and output fonts, which I can understand as not knowing about the ability to change fonts and seeing your script font change drastically can be very annoying.

2. They DO know how but they complain anyways. Please just change the font instead of complaining about a default font change.

For me, I just switched back to Courier New because of the font and i’m used to it, but you don’t see me complaining do you? That’s because this update isn’t that big of a change or a problem.

Just go to settings → studio settings → script settings or something and change the font from there. Tho make sure to use Courier New and Source Sans (Regular for both, 9pt and 10 pt for the sizes)

2 Likes

This isn’t actually a glitch. Your PC should come with that enabled anyhow.

You probably deactivated it through “Advanced options” inside “My Computer”'s property window.

1 Like

Ok, but why? I mean, thanks, I guess. My eyes would’ve been fine with the old font, so I don’t see it as necessary, but Roblox obviously thought otherwise.

2 Likes

This is so much cleaner and easier on my eyes! Thank you!!!

1 Like

Then switch to the old font, there’s nothing wrong with having a different preference! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Now we can see what is “L” and what is “1”

1 Like

same thing happened to me too.
i would always put script,parent and not script.parent and i wouldn’t notice until I playtested

Looking terrible, you guys ruined my workspace :+1:

I don’t really like this font, I think that it is too spaced out.

yeah… forget about what I said up here, totally unrelated too but I switched my font
to Jetbrains Mono lol