New Game Sort: "Recommended For You"

It did exist before, but it was recommending random games on the platform that are fairly popular and liked among users on the platform/website, like the games on there would permanently be there for weeks or a couple of days.

This one is much more convenient as it chooses recommended games that you play based on genre, the theme of the game, and how players are interested in it.

Great, now can we have top rated working again? At least add a sort for ‘meme games’.

2 Likes

There needs to be a sort by genre option, I also think game types should be a thing (or more genre selections), similar to genre but basically if someone is a builder, they have the option to chose showcase etc, so if people want to see show cases they can do a sort for those types of games.

I feel show cases can sometimes go unseen, or not gain much attention, and it’s a shame, because typically people put lots of time and effort into them.

5 Likes

hey, I like the additional feature since it actually recommends good games.

when will the genre feature be added back though?

I can barely find any medieval, fantasy, cartoony showcases and games on Roblox without having to manually search for it

3 Likes

I… uh…
I seem to be immune to this update.

7 Likes

Oh my goodness what a gift.

9 Likes

Interesting how much of an effect this feature is having on games.

2 Likes

Thank you for this update!

For ages on roblox, games on the recommended category are usually the same. But thank you, for the update.

1 question tho, will it update every week?

if it’s not, please do that because if it’s keep being the same for a long time, this update won’t fix anything besides just changing the game.

Anyways. Great Job Roblox! :tada:

2 Likes

Will the games be based of what genre of games they play, since there is a genre where you can pick “All.” Would that affect it in anyway.

I don’t play Roleplay games, but more than half of the games in my “Recommended for you” section are roleplay games or military games. Is there a way to tell the AI I don’t like these types of games?

1 Like

Good to see this update!
Because on roblox I never can’t choose game for me but this update helps me a lot.
Thank roblox, Keep it :+1:

I like the idea too, although it’s probably something for Platform Feedback and not here :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I think the image on this announcement fooled me to it actually being personalised to me, because it has my game, Shipping Lanes haha.
Great update though!

2 Likes

image Im wondering why I got recommended and EXACT replica of an uncopylocked game, yet it was put in front of the original one? :thinking:

5 Likes

Alright, time to see my first 10 recommended games.

The games I immediately see are

• Witching Hour - from the thumbnail it appears as a horror game. I checked the game’s page and it appears to be Plates of Fate but, in the woods?

• Those Who Remain - actually fun zombie game that I have played multiple times in the past.

• Pilot Training Flight Simulator - I played this a week ago, it’s a fun flight simulator I guess.

• [ 운테르 놀이터 ] - translated to English: [Untel23’s Playground] Well, uh, I don’t really know what this is, a playground?

• Criminal vs. SWAT - I remember playing this in the past but it’s not exactly that much of a fun game, at least for me.

• SWAT Simulator - I think I actually did play this in the past, don’t really remember if it was fun or not.

• Endurance - from the thumbnail and description I guess it’s Survivor, but with, obstacle courses and temples?

• SharkBite - of course, a fun classic game in the past. I guess I got bored of it though.

• Possessed - this one is fun in particular, because, well, it’s Flee the Facility but with random characters, papers to print out that reveal the possessed, and, well, uh, a Psychic and a Detective with a gun that has only two bullets.

• Redwood Prison - one of the forgotten prison games. It’s not exactly that fun, but eh, I guess it’s a good game to play sometimes.

There used to be a TikTok dances game in the front of Recommended. I guess it’s not there anymore.

4 Likes

My game lost a lot of players because of this :frowning:

3 Likes

This is a really cool update! And I also want to have the ability to sort by genre.

2 Likes

COPPA specifically restricts you from collecting personal information from children.
You can read more about COPPA here: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/complying-coppa-frequently-asked-questions

2 Likes

I didn’t gain any players from this :pensive:

1 Like

Half the time I get games that are content deleted. :frowning:

4 Likes