New Game Sort: "Recommended For You"

i think this change will be very useful in the future.

(correct me if im wrong here) i remember we used to have a section for recommended games, but as far as i know, it was mostly the same for everyone. it’s clear that not everyone enjoys the same types of games, so hopefully this will bring more variety to the platform and give different up-and-coming devs the chance to grow their playerbase :slightly_smiling_face:

well done, roblox!!

1 Like

This is showing light to the fact that Roblox is really listening to our complaints and actually trying to solve it! I can’t wait to see what they have in plan for the future of the game discovery aspect of the site :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

Well, okay. This is not another part of my game reviews, just another part of feedback about the sort.
Can there be an option in the future to disable this sort? I do not want Roblox to track what types of games I play and then have similar games recommended for the entirety of my life. For example, I once tried a “clicking simulator” game with gems and clicks as currencies, and rebirths as the main mechanic of the game. I played that for a while until I got bored of the constant promoting of gamepasses - in the gem shop, there is an option to “upgrade autoclicker time” which instantly throws a purchase window for the autoclicker gamepass. Plus, I rapidly click on the upgrades for gems to purchase them, and when I run out of gems, I get prompted to purchase “gem pack small”. I cannot tell how MANY times that purchase window has popped up and how many times I almost accidentally clicked on “purchase”.

But, after doing one super rebirth and obtaining a token, I left and never returned to that game again as it didn’t really interest me anymore. But the Recommended For You sort has a different opinion - I got recommended 2 more games that are almost EXACTLY THE SAME as the game I played, with even the same currencies and rebirth systems.
I want to tell Roblox that I am not interested in similar games and I do not want them to haunt me. It would be much appreciated if I could turn off data collecting for that sort.

Plus, what’s with “difficulty chart obbies” always appearing on the sort? It seems that no one in this topic actually played a “difficulty chart obby”, yet I and many other people have showed their “recommended for you” sort and there almost always was at least one “difficulty chart obby”. I don’t know what does that mean, but I am not interested in that and I do not know why do they appear in the sort by default.

6 Likes

Seems like a great improvement!

2 Likes

No offence to Roblox nor the game developers is meant here.
But, today, I got recommended Mad City in my Recommended For You.

Please note that I have played Mad City only once and left after 5 seconds due to it being not my type of game that I would play.
I specifically avoid Mad City (again, this is my opinion and no offense is meant to any of the creators), yet this makes it in my Recommended For You. I have also not played any games remotely similar to that, so I do not see how it ended up there.
This is meant as feedback to the sort not being exactly personalized to my needs, not a hating post on Mad City or the creators.

2 Likes

A little off topic, but it would be very nice to get more analytics to see where our players are coming from. For ex: how many players are coming from a direct link, popular sort, top rated sort, recommended for you sort, group, joining a friend, etc.

5 Likes

It is nice to see Roblox finally doing these kinds of improvements to game discovery. I have been waiting for this kind of thing for awhile now!

1 Like

Clearly you don’t like Mad city as a recommendation. But what about the other recommendations? Were they useful? relevant?

2 Likes

I think a good way to help filter the relevance of them would also to modify the system’s behaviour to work in the way that if you dislike something, it will not be shown in your sort. This could help solve certain problems like Ondrashek06 was describing.

4 Likes

I posted some reviews on the other game recommendations here, in 3 parts, however the first was edited by staff to not include the individual game reviews and they also asked me to delete the other 2 parts. So I posted my thoughts about other game recommendations here, yet they got moderated.

1 Like

I think the recommendations are really good!

The highlighted game is actually one I developed, many moons ago. Pretty awesome that it’s able to pick up I like that game.

Of course, there are a few outliers - I don’t think I’ll ever play Build a Boat for Treasure, but that’s beside the point of recommendations. I think @ittrgrey’s suggestion (or something like a "don’t show this to me) type of button would be quite useful for tuning it.

Overall, great work :slight_smile: I’m glad that Roblox’s searching and suggestion algorithms are being taken more seriously now.

3 Likes

Now that @Ondrashek06 is mentioning that, this makes me think:
Would Playtime affect your recommendations?
Example: If I play an FPS game like “Arsenal” more than the other games that are completely different from what I have played, will the “recommended for you” Prioritize the games that are similar to that type of game (FPS games) depending on how much time I played that type of game?
And also depending on the latest game that I’ve played…

This is awesome! I was wondering why my game suddenly increased in player count, i found out its being reccomended to players and then i found this post, thank you for this! :heart:

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback @Ondrashek06.

More changes coming…stay tuned.

11 Likes

Its related to the games that you have previously played. The new “Recommended for you” section is basically provided by the games you played in the past, and the thing is recommending it to you.

I’m pretty sure it’s also based off what your friends play, not just what you play. That might be the reason you got games you didn’t feel were accurate.

None of my friends play these types of games. Also its meant to be recommended for you.

2 Likes

Well, in my opinion actually, this is very interesting and really will get users to play what they want in Roblox. As they improve this, it would seriously get games more visits based on what users appreciate and want.

I would also want to share my experience, with this new update.
Once I was bored and really can’t think about something to play, though when I saw a game in the 'Recommended For You, section, I tried it out, actually this is how I found several games that I really appreciate and this is really helpful because it would easier for users to access games without having to put their finger at the ,search, button.

I appreciate this new feature and I hope they implement more features like this, because newer users would try out the recommended game for them, and they would greatly appreciate it and this would even attract more users to play Roblox.

1 Like

It seems that games are not taken into account here, which I gave a negative review …

I don’t know… :joy: