New Humanoid Physics Controller - Beta

AccelerationTime/DeaccelerationTime is really glitchy. Here’s an example:
(I move the camera a little in the video)

2 Likes

Any update/improvements on this? The last edit seemed to be 4 months ago, and i’m really looking forward to being able to use this properly!

8 Likes

Seems like another problem occurred.

Now, 100% of the time the GettingUpController is active, you will not get up at all. This started happening when the new BalanceRidgityEnabled setting was released.

4 Likes

The ability to change the friction of movement has been something I’ve been lacking for a while. The changing of movement drag being more accessible is something that would really help for plenty of people who just want to make the movement different without having to move mountains to create a form of drag. You could probably create some kind of bunny hop system just using these new controllers.

Same here, I’m also having this issue. Anytime my character would fall I wouldn’t be able to get up at all!

I made a bug report, and it will get fixed:

2 Likes

Before this beta feature existed? What was the thing that could have been done as a substitute for this feature?

LMAOO IT CRASHES IF I TOUCH ON SOME DUMMY LOL

the moment the videos ends its because crashed, no crash messages, studio just close, i disabled all scripts to test

3 Likes

For me, Studio crashes if I walk into a seat when using this controller. (PhysicsCharacterController only walks over seats, which I guess is better.)

EDIT: My character was walking over seats because I fished CanTouch on all of them. I didn’t know that had to be enabled for the built-in sitting behavior.

1 Like

Running into any sort of ladder/climbing object crashes Studio immediately, tested this in multiple projects
I got this error:

[DFLog::HttpTraceError] HttpResponse(#631 000001F2D66F0610) time:62.2ms (net:62.1ms callback:0.0ms timeInRetryQueue:0.0ms)status:403 Forbidden bodySize:0

1 Like

Yeah studio is crashing when I run into, example a seat.

2 Likes

Apologies for the new crash. It’s triggered when entering the Climbing state. We are working on a fix now.

There is a workaround by assigning a ControllerPartSensor to the ControllerManager’s ClimbSensor property. You can crate a ControllerPartSensor, parent it to the HumanoidRootPart, then assign it as the ControllerManager.ClimbSensor. This should prevent crashes. Otherwise you could disable the Climbing state.

5 Likes

Awesome. I know I’m about to refer to something not made by Roblox staff, but today, I tried using Nexus VR Character Model with the new beta humanoid controller and I’ve noticed that this seems to almost completely break Nexus VR.

That module is only designed for the legacy controller, so this is unfortunately to be expected. Are there any settings in the controller instances that I should try tweaking? The main problem is that my character constantly swings side to side when I move.

I posted a video of this glitch here:

I suppose the best outcome would be for Roblox’s built-in, official VR implementation to support moving the player’s hands and head around using controllers. I’ve heard safety bubbles may be added, and that would only make sense if players could control their arms. Then there wouldn’t be a need for Nexus VR.

1 Like

When stuff gonna be released? its a long time without update

1 Like

another bug, changing ControllerManager.BaseMoveSpeed alot of times sometimes that happens

External Media

as you can see its 0 but player keeps moving, even when i stop move lol it keep sliding forever

2 Likes

@kleptonaut just noticed the link was wrong now lol

External Media

This is pretty sick,
will you be able to recreate bunny hopping similar to CSGO or Garry’s Mod with the new physics controller? Is there an estimated date for when this update fully rolls out?

2 Likes

I also get a bug where the character’s legs clip through the ground when using R6.

3 Likes

Increase the Humanoid.HipHeight to fix that. I recommend 2.

1 Like

Is there a script that does this?

1 Like