New Improvements to the Creator Marketplace

I understand your point, but it only took 5 minutes of my life to verify my age. Plus the fact that lots of people still aren’t comfortable verifying their age to this day.

This would be a perfect opportunity to add more asset uploads as a Premium Benefit in my opinion.

12 Likes

I believe that this only applies to making the asset public and adding it into the library. Seems like you can upload as many as you want, but only make a few public. The limit only applies if you’re making it into a freemodel.

5 Likes

That’s really awesome! I really love seeing the UI getting improved.

Also, When are we gonna probably have a similiar update to the Roblox Xbox/Mobile App? I would love seeing both of them with a rebranded UI.

7 Likes
4 Likes

You can only tie your ID to one account. So if you get your ID verified account banned, you can’t take your ID to a new account. It makes people a little more careful with an ID verified account, as it’s not like you’re gonna get a whole new ID just to get a new Roblox account lol.

Premium is no longer meant to be a membership meant for developers, hence why it has no benefits towards developers anymore [like Builder’s Club had.] I do believe it’d be better to have a “Builder’s Club” like membership again, and have thought over many features that should have, but Roblox seems to have moved away from that.

16 Likes

These new changes are all phenomenal, but it seems more and more that ID verification is becoming less and less about age. I can respect wanting to counteract marketplace abuse, but it’s becoming increasingly apparent (especially with the recent update to audio on the platform) that ID verification is becoming a barrier to developers who don’t want to sacrifice their privacy.

When will we start to see this affect things like uploading clothing? Where does this end?

21 Likes

Remember that 99.9% of websites do not ask for your passport or driver’s license in order to increase your upload limit. I’m absolutely fine with Roblox requiring an email or even a membership, but privacy is a major concern with many developers.

Roblox should have anti-spam measures, but they shouldn’t be overkill.

25 Likes

ID verification is much more difficult to forge or fake (unlike emails or phone numbers where you can find lots of disposable ones or make your own) which means ID verification is a trustable way of knowing if an account is an actual person.

I believe that with some other kind of algorithms and technology accounts can be more trusted.

7 Likes

I agree that Premium should be a limited alternative to ID verification. BUT

A bot creator would generate 5,000 accounts. Assuming you can verify an unlimited number of accounts with an ID, they would have to submit a new picture of their ID and their face each time. let’s say that does take 5 minutes.

5 * 5,000 = 25,000 minutes
25,000 / 60 minutes = 416 and 2/3 hours
416.66666667 / 24 hours = 17.361111111 days. Straight. They would never do that.

4 Likes

That’s understandable, but Roblox isn’t doing anything with your ID. They are just checking to see if you are human.

5 Likes

Most of these changes are fine, but if we have infinite private uploads for the assets mentioned, then why are private audio uploads still limited?

11 Likes

It’s more or less Verrif as roblox just gets the authentication from Verrif that says “hey this guy verified, lol”

4 Likes

I love it! Especially you able to see model has a script. I was really worried to input models from toolbox because they sometimes make my place laggier. But seems the problem is solved!

6 Likes

Great update! Thankfully adding a limitation to uploading and knowing if the model includes a script - Thanks Roblox for providing more safety!

3 Likes

OMG This will help so much and that’s actually very cool to just see it

2 Likes

To be clear, monthly submission limits are based on the number of assets that you make available on Marketplace (either via the ‘Distribute on Marketplace’ or ‘Allow copying’ controls). Each asset you publish to Marketplace will count against your monthly limit, but toggling back and forth on a single asset will not count as multiple submissions.

14 Likes

Understandable, but please note a few things:

• Very few websites have a ravaging bot problem coupled with a very young and easily manipulated userbase.
  • Email verification can be automated, think about how many texts from emails you get with scam links (or at least I do).
  • If you ever testdrive a car at a dealership, they take a picture of your driver’s license. Nobody’s actually scared of that though, because what are they going to do with it, even if they do maliciously steal it? Same case for Roblox. Even if they do indeed do things such as this and sell it on the black market (like a publicly traded company would do this… right…), they’d get sued in a class-action in a heartbeat and you’d get compensated.

In addition, Veriff is a very trusted company. Don’t say “they can still have a data breach” because again, you’d be compensated somehow, and the chance of a data breach within the 90 days they keep your raw ID is astronomically low.

In addition, Roblox doesn’t even handle the verification.

8 Likes

This is quite different when it involves sending pictures of yourself to people behind a screen you never have (and probably never will) see.

There’s no telling what happens on the other end of the screen.

2 Likes

So apparently The Rock has his own Category that’s pretty cool
It is Category>LANDSCAPE

Also, if I have a group, with multiple creators and, I wanted to upload a model, Would the group be limited, or is it per person?

29 Likes

Really nice update! I tend to have my stuff private so seeing as I won’t be affected by the limits is great! Good update roblox!

2 Likes