New Improvements to the Creator Marketplace

How does assets that have previously been toggled on, but are now toggled off affect future toggling on?

3 Likes

Just like there’s no telling what they’ll do with a picture once you drive away in the car…? I’m not sure I get your point. I think the fear of verification is intake of misinformation mixed with a little paranoia. Nothing’s going to happen. This update is a super great and correct one in my opinion.

And before someone says “you can’t be sure of this,” you also can’t be sure that they aren’t charging your debit card $1,000+ when you hand it to the waitron at a restaurant. (Debit card charges are hard to cancel because in effect you’re handing cash to the person.) If you’re too paranoid, you won’t be able to do anything.

3 Likes

SQUID GAMES :exclamation::exclamation:

Jokes aside, this seems like a much needed improvement to the creator marketplace! It seems much easier to use and also looks much better. Good work!

4 Likes

Okay, this is very good to hear.

The imposed limits are a bit strict though, it isn’t a huge deal I feel like there should be some other way for users to get access to more uploads without ID verification (this is coming from someone who is ID verified). Even if said restrictions lessen depending on another place like the DevForum’s trust level or even premium subscription. I fear the limits will interfere with at least some developers’ normal activity, especially if they continuously make useful open-sourced assets (particularly people who frequent #resources).

5 Likes

I agree, I wish there was some version of ID verification for the slightly younger developers that only have a non-verifiable-via-Veriff birth certificate.

4 Likes

Listening is just that - listening. Not a guarantee that Roblox will implement a feature. Benefits of age/human verification outweigh the downsides, and current proposed methods aren’t reliable.

7 Likes

I mean it makes sense? Roblox knows that the people who use age verification are real people

3 Likes

Well done to the people who abused the market place you’ve just made roblox a platform where you have to use your ID in order to become a developer…

I don’t really complain but I love building stuff for the community and I really think this is a bad change with a limit on how much to upload.

Roblox are definitely losing developers on this and myself will quit eventually

5 Likes

I also agree (I have posted above). They should add some way for younger devs to verify their identity. But if everyone had an ID (which it is indeed possible to get an ID at birth in most places afaik) then this would be better.

Privacy shouldn’t be too big of a concern since they have whole privacy policies and stuff

5 Likes

From a logistical standpoint, it makes 100% sense as to why this is being done.

The idea of “well they need better anti-spam” is flawed. No website has anything close to Roblox’s amount of spam in the toolbox because of how easy it is to make an account. With ID verifications, it actually helps developers by giving them extra uploads for verifying their identity.

Trust me when I say that any larger developer will verify their ID in a heartbeat to get this. What’s the alterative - give up your job because you refuse to show an ID?

tl;dr ID verification should and will continue to be in every update, because it separates vested developers from developers who just make games and tools for fun. Nothing wrong with that, but logistically it makes sense.

No - they really aren’t. In fact, they are attracting more professional developers, which will lead to more platform growth longer term. I think the community needs to look long term and stop worrying about short term problems.

12 Likes

Because it confirms they’re a real person and not a bot. Also, I think an ID can only be used once per account even after ban. That way, if you get banned, then you don’t get your better privileges that you may be abusing back.

3 Likes

No? This verification limits the impacts of people with malicious intent on others. It does not limit you from creating plugins, meshes, decals for yourself to use within your own game (which is the majority of asset uploads anyway).

I’m sure they’ve lost more people from viruses than lessening restrictions upon having ID verification.

4 Likes

Why… why is this always the devforum first response to change I’m gonna quit because of this update same dudes that said that about audio update and are still on the platform. I kinda understand why you May dislike it though

9 Likes

In the original post, they stated that these updates will be rolled out over the next month. (I think)

3 Likes

I don’t know what your idea is but whatever you think my friend. This is damaging anyways just blocking people off roblox…

Until roblox allow birth certificate and stuff this is going to fail

4 Likes

Um, we can already do this. There is a tiny play button on each audio in the search results.

3 Likes

This is false. You become a developer when you start developing.

This can easily be mitigated by sharing them as .rbxm files, or if it’s code, a github repo (which is recommended anyway in the industry) through devforum, discord, etc. So not too big of a problem.

11 Likes

This is not “damaging”, this is a great change. With all due respect, is it time to start actually giving positive and realistic responses to Roblox updates? This is literally a great update that was thought well through. Roblox is not going to cater to the small percent of people who refuse to comply with changes. :slightly_smiling_face:

To sum it up:

9 Likes

I can’t leave my community just like that although I will of this continues.

With that said there’s other platforms available and have been looking into them.

3 Likes

I know that Veriff is a reputable company, I just find it very unnecessary to have to submit a ton of my personal information in order to get access to more marketplace uploads. It is necessary for someone at a car dealership to ask for your driver’s license for obvious reasons, but Roblox shouldn’t need to know where I live or anything like that just to let me have access to more marketplace uploads.

CC: @sjr04 @markthemat3 @FxllenCode

I also find it ridiculous that ID verification is the only account status they care about when taking into consideration any requirements. For example if you only pay attention to ID verification, a premium user with 50,000 place visits and a verified email, Authenticator, verified phone, but not ID verified, becomes less reputable than an ID verified account created ten minutes ago, when the opposite is obviously true.

I’m not against ID verification, I want Roblox to start taking into consideration other forms of verification including premium. Real world examples such as applying for a job or going to a car dealership are completely different scenarios than an upload limit.

10 Likes