New In-Game Topbar

I have received this warning on every test and all my GUIs and my UiListLayouts aren’t tweening or becoming invisible/visible.

Again, I don’t understand how bringing back :SetTopbarTransparency() would break older scripts if its removal is what broke them to begin with. Why would they add a new function with a confusing name that does the same thing when they could easily un-deprecate and fix the old one?

1 Like

I think this is a great feature and makes Roblox more modern, however I do dislike the removal of ‘SetTopbarTransparency’ as it allows players to see the game while menus are loading and disallows use of full screen imagery such as a vignette.

Here is an example I took from an SCP site game:

You can see that the vignette is not covering the full screen due to the transparency of the topbar.

7 Likes

After that same update all my GUIs and UiListLayouts weren’t tweening or becoming visible/invisible, before the update they were working perfectly.

I see many flaws and critics on the new one. An annoying one is the removed player age in the topbar, as many Discord servers use this to verify that everybody is 13+, but I don’t want to go off-topic. I like how it saves more space and it has more view in the game.

I came across a temporary fix the other day for us users who utilize decimal inputs for sensitivity values.

Go into ROBLOX Studio, play-test your game, then open up the menu in there. If it’s not updated yet, you will be able to set any sensitivity as Studio still utilizes the old menu.

Once I did this, I was able to use any sensitivity when going back into a normal game with the updated UI. If you attempt to change it using the new UI, it will continue to be glitchy and round, though, so you will unfortunately have to log back into Studio/follow the secondary solution below until they fix the new UI to allow for this.

An alternative solution if your Studio UI is updated, would be this fantastic thread someone else made.

4 Likes

The idea looks great, but you could just press R without clicking on the three dots and you can directly Reset.
But the idea isn’t bad at all.

2 Likes

Especially on mobile, it looks much cleaner on the smaller screens.

I’ve been observing the new UI now. Needless to say, it’s pretty sleek and modern, although I still miss the old look. The sensitivity is a real issue, especially for FPS games since you aren’t able to set it to 0.1, basically the same problem @Wizertex is having.

Overall, nice job guys, but a decimal fix is definitely needed.

If you want an image to cover the whole screen, try enabling IgnoreGuiInset under the ScreenGUI object. Pretty sure that might help your case.

3 Likes

It looks awesome!

Clean and Modern, and matches the other UI’s

This is a really good change in my opinion.

1 Like

Nice but to compact… don’t you think?

This new top bar broke all of my GUI’s and GUI scripts, please revert back to the old topbar otherwise I will have to rescript all of my scripts.

1 Like

I like the topbar now. I first thought it became a bad idea for the topbar to change, but now it’s actually good. However, there’s a con to this. Topbar+ Gui inside the PlayerGui should be on the CoreGui. It may interfere with other guis and also can be destroyed by a local script. Just sayin’

1 Like

This is amazing, how the new menu is designed so good! I wonder if the inventory and chat will get an update in design. :thinking: :thinking:

Was this updated the same time as the menu? Cause i just want to know if theres a requirement to get the new settings menu?

From what i know the new menu is assigned to random people.

1 Like

The new menu is in AB Testing, which makes me wonder when it’s going to roll out to all users considering it’s been in AB Testing for a few months at this point.

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know why its been in testing for so long. Maybe there’s something we don’t know?

4 Likes

Hm, I think compact would be good since it allows for more space on the screen.

2 Likes