New In-Game Topbar

Please check previous replies.

cc @ix_Eclipse @Sciize @anon65830796 @WEcompany

2 Likes

They must be releasing it to the public on Wednesday. My alt had it and it no longer has it.

I personally like the new one better, but I liked the old topbar better.
I can’t wait for this to release for everyone.
The only thing that I want to see from this new menu is animations like the old menu.

4 Likes

As many have stated on this post, I think an option to be able to choose between old style or new style would be a great idea and would make both sides happpy

2 Likes

Hey, what happend to the new menu? I have the old menu back now.

3 Likes

Gahhh please tell me this isn’t coming back, the new menu is so confusing. Even to reset is harder to figure out.

7 Likes

I really like this new design but there is one flaw with it that bothers me.
With the old UI if i wanted to go into the roblox menu but my roblox window wasnt active, because the roblox menu button was clickable on the top left i could simply move my mouse to the top left (which is pretty easy to do) and left click and then im in the menu, however with the new menu, i cant move my mouse to the top left of my screen and left click anymore, because the menu button is too small and therefore just barely doesnt reach the top left, i have to make sure the mouse cursor is touching the menu button.

Could you please make the button clickable on the top left, dont change the size of it, i like it how it is, but i just want it to be clickable on the top left.

You’re still able to use the keys without touching the mouse to reset through:

Esc → R key → Enter

And it’s probably coming back, as it wouldn’t make sense for them to scrap something that has been in the works for quite a while.

I still, personally dislike the smaller buttons for the fullscreen/volume, as I was used to hovering over a broad area and using arrow keys/A and D to raise it and lower it or toggle very quickly.

1 Like

I think it would be great if we had options for customization

1 Like

I dont see how it’s possible for game devs to take passwords from a topbar

How?

2 Likes

Why is the new topbar still here, but the old menu still appears when you press the ROBLOX icon?

I think chat should be updated because everything has been modernized but the chat hasn’t, something about the unmodernized chat doesn’t fit in.

2 Likes

I have no idea what kind of developer would do such a horrible thing, but someone could put a button in the topbar that asks for your password.

Oh yeah that is possible, but its also possible for a developer to put a button anywhere else on the screen that asks for the password.

Thanks! I guess I’ll just leave it like this…

3 Likes

afaik there is a project working on a new chat. Roblox obviously will progressively work on new UI with their new technology and UIBlox system (its how their project management works; lots of small UI updates instead of one big one)

3 Likes

Because the topbar and menu are different things. The new in-game menu is being slowly rolled out to all users.

2 Likes

I had the new menu for about a month, but it suddenly switched to the old menu.

1 Like

Because they’re tweaking the rollout %

1 Like

Is it possible to change the transparency of the background of the button?

Sadly not, I do hope a feature like that comes soon.

1 Like