New Part Collision Property: CanQuery - Now Available!

Please, I beg you to implement this feature already! I really need it urgently to fix a really annoying problem in my game :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

CanQuery is now out of beta and available to use everywhere! If you run into issues, please post a new Bug Report and tag me in it.
Thanks for your patience, and happy new year!

17 Likes

AYOOOO sick. Keep up the great work guys!!!

I don’t think this has been mentioned yet. I read through most of the replies and didn’t see it. But is there some special reason why CanCollide must be false for CanQuery to be false? I have a situation where I would like collisions to happen but not allow raycasts to detect the parts. I was excited to utilize this new property but quickly realized it wasn’t available while the part is still collidable.

4 Likes

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THIS IS AWESOME, Really great job guys im extremely thankful for this update, it’ll help me a lot

Is it affecting SurfaecGui’s intentional? Spent an hour trying to debug why my SurfaceGui wasn’t taking inputs, only to realise that this property was unticked. Didn’t realise it’d stop those inputs from firing

Yes that’s expected. Detecting a click works via raycast, and a Part with CanQuery turned off won’t be hit by raycasts.

In general I would recommend only turning off CanQuery on Parts you know will never be involved in any form of interaction.

I think it would be ideal if raycasts wouldn’t detect parts with CanTouch set to false.

This property is amazing, it really helps a ton with filtering parts such as invisible hitboxes/parts without having to use a separated folder of all the invisible blocks or go through all of workspace with a for i loop to search invisible parts.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.