New Procedural Particle Emitter Shapes

i could see that cone shape be used to make fake volumetric light!

Finally a long awaited feature, but is there going to be support for custom shapes in the future? :eyes:

Particle Effect Can Make a Big effect On Shapes? Good Job roblox.

1 Like

Bruh this would add so many features an mechanics to play around with

finally this is a good change thank you

This is beautiful. I’ve been waiting for something like this for so long. All I want now are paths or something to give greater control with LockedToPart.

Way cool! I think the cone may be vary helpful for something, ill have to try it out

Maybe a little odd of a suggestion, but could these shapes also be enabled for attachments?

Maybe a hidden property would show up when a particle emitter is parented to an attachment,
that will allow you to immitate the size of any part.

Having huge parts to achieve specific effects is annoying, because trying to select something in a model with said parts will cause them to interfere; they are selected instead. Parenting particle emitters to attachments doesn’t cause this issue, as you can simply choose to hide attachments.

Example:

6 Likes

Just use raycasting. It is computationally lighter and faster. Collision particles will lag mobile devices and potato PCs. Might not be as precise though

1 Like

im having a hard time making a cone, the particles want to go out rather then up…

Woahhh now THIS is something I really needed. Always found the particle emitter a bit limited, but this changes everything about them.

I LOVE THIS.
Somebody could probably make some Minecraft rain with this.

5 Likes

Oh man, it’s finally time we get some more properties to particles. The only 2 things I wish for is increasing particle render distance by a lot and removing the particle size limit of 10 for the sequence editor.

1 Like

Hol’ up what? Are my eyes deceiving me? Sprite sheets coming to particles? :eyes:

2 Likes

Yes! This is amazing now we can shape our particles better! This is going to be amazing. Good update!!!

1 Like

Thank You for adding this New Particle Emitter Shapes as we can make some Realistic Projects using this. :heart:

3 Likes

Put together a quick cone. The most notable thing about making reasonably sized cones I found is to have a really small part with a large ShapePartial number on a cone.

Published it as a model here
https://www.roblox.com/library/8157905946/ParticleEmitter-Cone-example

3 Likes

I’m unsure if this is unrelated to any recent updates to the particles, and since I cannot make engine reports, I’ll post it here.

This just started happening, but for some reason, particles on my weaponry and explosions rarely ever show up even whilst I’m on full graphics.

1 Like

Don’t see why making spheres is a “new” update even though we are able to manually create them using the spread angle, but maybe just having it used for cones is one reason to include it as an option for shapes.

1 Like

Would just like to raise this feature request before it is utterly too late to change anything. This API extension really does not make much sense to me.

Honorable mention as well, behavior is inconsistent when using attachments: Add overrides for CFrame and Size to Particle Emitters