New Selection Object

glad to know

1 Like

is this feature still on the radar or has it been scrapped/forgotten?

1 Like

It was selected to be in this year’s RDC feature request poll (albeit not very popular), so I’d wager it’s still on the radar but not a significant priority.

3 Likes

Going to bump this as it seems very beneficial and cool to add to weapons and to characters in some games, and that Selection isn’t getting much attention. Is there any new update or answer if more Selections will be added to the Roblox Engine as of now?

Anyway, having more options and behaviors for Selection outlines on any type of part deformation and shape of it would be kind of nice to add especially that it can be easier to do instead of having a duplicate of that and changing it to look like an “outlined” figure/item.

^ As of now, you still have SelectionBox, SelectionSphere and SurfaceSelection which is cool to use but boring to use when trying to use it in different meshes/parts.

The examples you’ve provided and actually nice ways for this to be added onto Roblox for new things to be created and updated for many games like for my project this is in progress at the moment. Having outlines on any surface, corner and shape is something that I wish to see Roblox add one day.

Support! Made a post about SelectionWedge and SelectionCylinder for more extensions for outlines into parts and for the future of it as well: Add "SelectionCylinder" and "SelectionWedge" as Selection elements

3 Likes