New Studio Start Page

I really like the appearance of the UI, but it would be great if I could actually open said experiences through Studio.

I signed in and out multiple times, including several restarts. I just can’t open anything through this menu, neither does Experiences tab or anything other than the new file button work.

Idrk how I’m supposed to fix this aside from what people already stated.

2 Likes

The appearance of the new UI looks like Unity somewhat. Very nice indeed.

3 Likes

I think like the small buttons above the “Group Experiences” text, there should be buttons below the “Group Experiences” text that easily allows you to go through groups without having to open a menu every time. Or a setting that allows Studio to immediately open the group experiences panel with a specific group prioritized.

3 Likes

Again with wasted space, it seems you didn’t take the feedback that many people spoke about for the new studio UI and instead stuck with the awful design of wasting space, so much horizontal space is wasted, it’s like I’m reading a Wikipedia article. The first thing I do is change Wikipedia to wide view.

2 Likes

Why is there so much space where there’s absolutely nothing? I simply don’t get it, it could be used for many things, is it because studio is going to be released on mobile? The game icons feel too big for a PC program and more oriented towards a mobile app.

4 Likes

i got this, but combining this with next gen studio ui, you get weird top unused space at the size of new next gen ui toolbar i think

4 Likes

The new UI looks pretty good, also renaming some of the buttons, for example making the local section, is a good choice.

Just the margin of the “See All” button from the top of the grid looks a bit off when there’s a subtitle, because it seems like it is part of the previous section, maybe this was intentional, but it might not look bad if the space between item top and button is aligned consistently.

4 Likes

I am getting the same issue. Unfortunately, account switching is not an option for me due to the number of projects I need to access.

Currently, I need to go through the website to open a number of places @MeshOfPaul

2 Likes

Same thing for me. The experiences UI won’t open an experience either. The fix that was provided doesn’t help. Why not push this out when ALL users can use it. Why not just wait a week until pushing this out?@MeshOfPaul

1 Like

Please add a way to show day/month/year, this confuses me a lot

1 Like

Which fix did you try? We are seeing what we can do to fix this sooner than next week.

1 Like

Sorry I meant temporarily switching into an alt and then back into your main account. Or you could try logging out and back in.

1 Like

It’s possible to hover over 2 things at once in list view

1 Like

Yes that area is shared between Start Page and Ribbon. So the mixing of old/new is causing some awkward space here. It will get better.

1 Like

We haven’t added responsiveness yet to maximize use of the space. In the meantime, you might like the list view better.

1 Like

We are hyper aware of the sensitivity to “wasted space” and the design team is taking it seriously. There will be updates but the first few won’t be super reactionary.

That said, I decided to do a little comparison of Next Gen on a lower res desktop (1600x900) and you can see there’s not a lot of difference between new and old. If I disabled labels in the Next Gen there would be virtually no difference. We still plan to be more space efficient but interesting to see the actual difference.

2 Likes

If you had the ability to pin places to a longer recents view and we remembered your last view you had open, would that help?

2 Likes

This looks nice. One issue though, Group Names under the group games section don’t scale properly! See image:

2 Likes

This the first I’ve seen/heard of this. Can you send logs?

Thanks! We will definitely be updating the color palette as a part of larger design system updates.

We have the list view in the Experiences tab and you’ll also be able to do it on the Recents tab. Are you talking about Home?

1 Like