New Studio Template - Baseplate 2021

I was so used to that sky. Can’t wait to see how the sky changes depending on the time of day.

I think we should be able to create preset templates for ourselves (and maybe even sell them on the market place) it would be great if we could open up studio and select out template and be able to already have stuff in server replicated storage like “Remotes” or “Modules” I think it’d be super helpful.

2 Likes

I love the New Template it gives me a better feeling I didn’t have in the old version. It’s the BEST! Supa Fancy :wink:

1 Like

I love it! The new baseplate looks clean and nice! It in a weird way gives me confidence and motivation! Hope this becomes the new default baseplate!:upside_down_face::+1:

4 Likes

we will all miss the old baseplate but this one is so much better and it is more modern then ever, thank you for this, amazing work.

1 Like

The Lighting

6 Likes

I should probably word this into more civil terms, but…

'bout damn time!

That being said, I think most all the templates are well overdo for an update, especially with the materials update coming soon and new endorsed models in the toolbox.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve found Future to be really unpredictable at times, so I mainly use Shadowmap

The new baseplate looks pretty nice. Its now easier to count studs and your able to build a bit faster due to the grid. But it seems like there is a lighting change. The original one looks better and the new one stands out to much and feels a tad bit bright.

This is amazing! I’ve found myself having to do a lot of manual setup before building, so this will surely save some time.

Players not colliding/walking through each other is another solution but would argue it is better to have collision on for most experiences.

3 Likes

We’d like to get to a point where any type of experience can be built, whether it looks like an older roblox game or closer to a AAA game experience. The choice of style should be made by the developer. The baseplate should not completely define the style of your game, it is just a starting point and you can use materials, surface, lighting, custom art assets etc. to define the look of the experience you want to make.

8 Likes

I like the modern touch to it, however the old baseplate was perfectly fine so I don’t get why you changed it.

1 Like

If the procedural approach makes everything look the same, then we haven’t done our job correctly. You will still be able to use textures, but the ability to adjust the sky dynamically at run time, no large texture memory needed, volumetric clouds, etc. is a very exciting prospect.

4 Likes

We like this idea - just have to weigh this against a huge number of other priorities. Agree that this would be useful.

3 Likes

Wow nice work, this looks amazing!

2 Likes

That’s amazing! May you tell me how you did that?

What other types should I create?

You can make a gray decal and upload it on roblox, then take its id and paste it into the Skybox IDs, then make a cool atmosphere like this

if you want a metal baseplate, change the EnvironmentSpecularScale

Ekran görüntüsü 2021-03-25 233100

then here you go! Put your style into your Baseplate 2021.

If my english is bad, please forgive me.

9 Likes

I will miss the old baseplate, but dang, this is way better. Looks way more professional in my eyes. And now I can means stuff with the grid! Can I change my current baseplate to this?