New Studio Template - Baseplate 2021

Yep! Go to studio and create a new game and choose “Baseplate 2021”

1 Like

How can I make a gray baseplate like you shown in the photo?

Dude your a legend for testing it out! I’ve been testing all day, I knew I was missing out on something. lol.

So uh I did a thing. Now there are stars but the sky is still gray?

I just did this, I am not sure if it is a bug or something. Whatever it is, it is cool.

(ROBLOX IF IT IS A BUG PLS KEEP ITT!!! it looks nice lol)

5 Likes

It’s a small update, but a welcome one. It’s nice to see something like the baseplate template get a quick spruce up like that.

Forgot to say but I don’t know how to use atmospheres or add them, can you help?

New baseplate feels weird I’m going to miss the old baseplate

Its looks amazing, Also, The skybox looks great but I don’t really think the grey gradient at the bottom blends well with the rest of it.

2 Likes

Personally, I think there should be a built in way where you can save templates (or update pre-made ones) and maybe revert them to default. I like the new baseplate but it has some things that I don’t like such as environment specular, and I don’t want to remove those specific things every time.

2 Likes

For now it seems it coexists with the old baseplate.
I too would miss the old baseplate, I also see no use in removing it.
but the new one seems just great!

1 Like

Even if they said they would consider using the new one as default from now on,
I’m pretty positive they can just make them coexists.
There are many default places, why not keep both baseplates?

3 Likes

Maybe some kind of starry nighttime one.

1 Like

Because it adds more clutter. Why need 2 when theres 1 that’s far more superior? Sure I could get it for nostalgia but doesn’t justify adding more clutter.

1 Like

Well, it depends,
I for example don’t like the lighting or the new size, surely you can change that as soon as you enter the game, but you can also just apply a texture to the regular baseplate.
Many people might consider the classic baseplate “superior”, who knows :stuck_out_tongue:

Well those lighting changes were made to support pbr much better and expose new players to newer stuff that makes their games look nice. You can simply just disable it if you don’t like it. In my opinion the new size is a lot better. Baseplates are ment to be big and when testing cars you dont fall off the edge. And it now better aligns to the grids and looks a lot more professional. The old one was showing its age.

1 Like

I tried that and it turned out okay, I will still add it to the post though

3 Likes

It looks really cool, nice and fresh for me. It’s a pity if Roblox delete it.

2 Likes

I think this update is cool! It gives more use to the baseplate as it has a grid you can design your builds on and (in my opinion) it has a better grid for people to build their own builds off of!

This update is very good!
It is bigger than the old one, and it looks nice!

I have a few things I want to say.

1. I think the original baseplate should stay as an option because I and I think others would still want it.
  2. The new skybox, although it looks pretty dang nice, I think lacks essential contrast that is valuable when testing reflections, whether it be the Reflection property or PBR. Seeing as there are no clouds, I think it would make it hard to see reflective properties when making something reflective. That could just be me though.
  3. As nice as it looks, I am slightly opposed to having a texture (or any instance, really) being preloaded onto the baseplate. Again, this could just be me, but when I think of Baseplate I think of a fresh, completely new plane open for any possibility. For some reason, having something be the child of the baseplate makes me think otherwise

To summarize, this makes me think ‘Template’ more than Baseplate, and I don’t think I would want to use it. Don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a GREAT addition. Just not for me. If we could keep the old Baseplate and call it something like ‘Legacy Baseplate’, I would be very content with that.

Keep up the great work!

1 Like