New Studio Template - Baseplate 2021

This is so amazing man I love that Roblox is getting away from the lego they are always known for but at the same sad because the baseplate is so memorable but we all must grow up someday this year is the year where Roblox goes NEXT LEVEL. Love it though amazing :star_struck:!

Not gonna lie this looks much better, I like it very much!

3 Likes

loving the professionalism seen with this new baseplate. i come from the stone age of just using the insert tool to put random free models into the 2011 starter place, roblox has come a long way in the 10 years ive been playing

definitely see this improving my workflow as i too grow into more professional techniques

3 Likes

This is just a template. You can change the color of the baseplate in properties, and change the lighting too.

1 Like

no more legos… studs were lego lol

I think he was talking about the bottom of the skybox

I was talking about the bottom if the sky. I would prefer it being blue instead of grey

1 Like

Okay sorry. I thought that it was just a colorshift_bottom property.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie - Opened this up for the first time, saw how horribly washed out all the colors were and INSTANTLY switched back to the original. For adding a new “neutral” skybox, you can tell just how absolutely messed up everything looks in it - Pleasant, but clearly not neutral. I’m not going to fiddle around with atmosphere settings, I’m just going to go back to the default template with an actual blank slate that is color-accurate and not this weird hazy mess.

3 Likes

Washed out? Wdym? I think they look perfectly fine. The old one made everything too blue when turning on specular and diffuse scale. Are your render settings a bit low? Also I do agree it’s a bit hazy I think it should be at 0.25 instead of 0.35 for the atmosphere.

1 Like

This is so much more professional. Love it!

1 Like

Everyone is so glad for the studs to go because of “Lego” and I honestly don’t know where this hate is coming from.

1 Like

It looks much better, the only thing is the pre-added lighting effects are annoying but overall definitely going to be using it.

2 Likes

I notice a of of people talking about the lighting effects being annoying, why? You should be using them anyway if you are making a good looking 3D game (which most people are trying to do), so it’s nice to have them there.

2 Likes

My settings are maxed. I put a single reddish brick textured part in and instantly closed the template upon seeing how faded and off it looked.

I mean there already was a feature to turn on and off the grid but yeah

Eh I disagree with the “Bad Vibe” part. Idk maybe its just nostalgia or something but it feels more “Roblox” to me. Not to say that the new baseplate is bad or anything. Just a bit different.

1 Like

Wow! This template takes care of everything! An amazing sky, amazing lighting, etc. But, I do have one problem: A spawn point automatically gets put into the game, which may be annoying sometimes.

I have tried the new baseplate but it causes my computer to overheat more easily than other templates.

1 Like

I like this new change, it’ll make things much easier when measuring parts!