New Studio Template - Baseplate 2021

This is a good idea, I always have trouble setting up lighting when starting a new project, and this will add a good base for consistency.

I agree with this update!

2 Likes

This is a needed and awesome change—however, please do not add lighting effects. I use the baseplate as a blank template for my projects and I’m undoubtedly going to remove those lighting effects every time I open the template.

4 Likes

I appreciated this! Look like real life, good work to your team who did it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Isn’'t there an optional way to turn this on and off?

View > Settings area (Grid options).

4 Likes

By definition a procedural approach will yield repetitive and samey results. Additional options for varied, authored skyboxes are preferable.

On the baseplate it is probably fine to use the procedural tech, but beyond that it will very likely be insufficient for all use-cases, and developers will still be on their own.

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve been using your plugin for a while now to achieve this effect, so this isn’t really a huge change for me, Thanks for much for creating it, even though I guess I don’t need it now…

4 Likes

Just select the old baseplate and resize it to 2048x2048 lmao?

3 Likes

Im gonna love this new baseplate! It feels more modern and pleasing to the eye. Im glad to see this new baseplate!

9 Likes

creates file with old baseplate just in case it gets deleted

I really enjoy the new look of the baseplate 2021, but like tons of other people have said, I’m going to miss the old baseplate.

5 Likes

Looks fantastic! I don’t like how grey it is when looking down i to the void however, maybe make it a deep deep blue, like the old one?

2 Likes

This new baseplate reminds me of empty projects on game engines like unity or unreal. It definitely looks 10x better than the old one. Great job!

2 Likes

This is definitely exciting to see! I hope revamps will come to other templates as well! I will miss the old baseplate; I do hope it is not made unavailable.

1 Like

Looks really great! the new baseplate really improve from the old one! :smiley:

1 Like

As much as I don’t really use Roblox Studio for much other than exporting Roblox avatars- I find this new baseplate and look really amazing! I really like the modern look to it, though the old baseplate, of course, will be dearly missed!

1 Like

Completely agree.

This might be an apt time to bump my feature request from two years ago regarding this very idea.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how I feel about the lighting, but I love that we now have a default baseplate that isn’t bland. I can see the grid being a big help in my smaller builds and models!

1 Like

This is indeed a very exciting and helpful update especially to many builders, previously these things needed to be adjusted manually - while I will definitely miss the old baseplate as it enacts nostalgia from my first time developing, I think this update would be a very good step in the right direction. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Is the original baseplate going away or is it still going to be available?

1 Like

Personally, I’d prefer that you give us an option to choose which one we would like to use.

1 Like

In my opinion I feel like the old baseplate gave us more freedom in what we can do, make our own lighting, skybox’s and so on, the new one seems to have it’s own premade lighting, atmosphere and includes textures on the baseplate which I feel like should be an option

1 Like