New Studio Template - Baseplate 2021

I love it! It is massive too. If you don’t keep the original baseplate, I will probably just make a plugin that lets you convert a normal baseplate to the original.

I meant if they have plans to replace the current default sky with the new one, in the future. At this point I’m convinced Roblox will replace and remove just about anything, especially given the material and CSG situations, so, better safe than sorry.

1 Like

cool, looks way better than the others. why a new template tho? can’t you just change the original template to the new one.

As mentioned, the original baseplate will probably be hidden or removed when this reaches enough feedback.

1 Like

Made it cloudy

Read this if you want a tutorial on it

9 Likes

What skybox is that? Can you send a link to it?

1 Like

Oh ok, thanks for the info! :happy1:

2 Likes

I like this new baseplate, it feels more clean.

1 Like

Types I made:

Cloudy

• Added clouds, messed with settings for a bit
  • Added more density to the atmosphere
  • Turned off SunRays
  • Skybox
    • Turned off CelestialBodies
    • Top: rbxassetid://6563114946
    • Side: rbxassetid://6563115135
    • Bottom: rbxassetid://6563115311

Night (@Noble_Draconian)

• Set brightness to 1
  • Turned off SunRays
  • Skybox
    • Turned off CelestialBodies
    • Top: rbxassetid://6563132641
    • Side: rbxassetid://6563132747
    • Bottom: rbxassetid://6563132877

Starry Night (@Dorthsky)

• Do the same as night
  • Skybox:
    • Top: rbxassetid://6568931731
    • Side: rbxassetid://6568931476
    • Bottom: rbxassetid://6568931025
4 Likes

It is just a texture in the Baseplate.
Set the transparency to 1 or if you will never use it again, delete the texture.

1 Like

Wonderful. I grew up with the Old baseplate sad to see it go but ready for 2021 to take his place. Tested it out with my 2014 Capaldi’s Tardis.

7 Likes

I Have A Question: Will This Update Games That Use The Old Baseplate?

personally it wouldn’t be much if a benifit, it would acually hinder development a little.
this would be useful for developers who use the baseplate for measurements, or would benifit from the additional components.

are the additional components going to also be added by default? what if a developer doesn’t want these? what if the developer doesn’t know much about the studio and wants to use the classic skybox texture?

this feature is nice but would have mixed results on who it would work best with the most. I think there should be the “new” baseplate, and a “classic” baseplate so those who would benifit can use the new template while the others can continue to use what worked best for them.

No, Roblox will probably never do that. I am not sure how they even would exactly lol

The old baseplate was good, but sadly it’s gotten to its age.

The better size is great though, I’m wondering… when will this roll out as the default if it’s well-received?

2 Likes

We will miss the old baseplate. Its always in our hearts, But the new baseplate looking awesome!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for small slice of life changes like these.Next slice of life update: Updated Icons?

1 Like

I made myself a particular plugin for this purpose.
https://www.roblox.com/library/280795077/BaseplateTemplate
Mine might not be suited for you but I got tired of modifying the settings and bringing in everything I usually use in all my new files.

1 Like

I like it but change ShadowMap to Future lighting every time we open Baseplate?

1 Like

From what it looks like with a recent beta, they might be trying to deprecate that property, since they are moving to proper global illumination.