New Tech Demo: City People Cars

Looks so good!

Actual photo lol

2 Likes

pls optimize it bro. the weird thing is , my pc is more buggy than my phone. “iphone 11 pro”

and my pc specs are really good tho.

2 Likes

I think it looks good and like the better graphics.

Did you use ReShade for that? Pretty curious, since some people have also applied the same effects using only Roblox tools, so just in case… :eyes:

1 Like

What device are you running this on? The memory increase is due to how the streaming system works. As you move through the space, more of the content will stream in. If you have a lot of memory on the device, the streamed in content will stay in memory. We’re working on improving our frame rate manager/related systems so we can improve how the content is handled, so your FPS doesn’t decline.

4 Likes

Yes, credit goes to Orlando for a number of the vehicle bodies! We ended up merging some of the parts together so the vehicle bodies have a lower number of separate parts, to improve performance. Can discuss how it was done in case you’d like to do the same for other vehicles you are working on!

4 Likes

Thank you - previously known issue and we have a fix in streaming/physics that will address this.

1 Like

Please try with automatic graphics setting turned on and let us know how the performance is. If you override this setting, you’ll get different results depending on the content you are running and your hardware (this is true for most current 3D games, not just Roblox).

1 Like

We have NPC drivers that “look” for available cars. I think they are probably too aggressive and we should tune that down a bit.

2 Likes

We are continually working to improve this. There is a balance between loading the player in as fast as possible, and loading in the content, since everything is initially streamed in. More improvements to come here!

2 Likes

Terrain used is the current terrain offered by Roblox. We are working to improve terrain and also built in materials, as separate projects.

2 Likes

Cool! Endorsed packs are on the way soon for the toolbox, so it is easier to use the assets such as the road tiles. We’re adding some additional stuff that isn’t in the CPC demo to the road pack to expand the possibilities. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds like a great reason to upgrade your rig! We try to make Studio run as performantly as possible, but yes this is a huge map with a lot of content in the city.

2 Likes

Thanks for reporting, the module had already been moderated previously. Will update the file tomorrow.

4 Likes

I deleted the gun system given in the template and replaced it with the roblox weapons kit but after replacing everything broke, NPCs wont spawn and when reseting you wont respawn can someone please tell me how do i fix this.

1 Like

Agree with the points above. We have a number of initiatives to address this issue in the toolbox. We will swap in an updated build.

Separately, the artist who snuck in this asset from the toolbox has to play nothing but broken obbys and fidget spinner simulators for 24 hours straight.

7 Likes

We like the precise setting, but this is a good point. We’ll do a pass on this and update (will also be good for the endorsed packs).

2 Likes

I need more experience driving cars into walls! If we had more time we’d probably do another pass on the engine sounds and code there.

2 Likes

whatcha doing mate?

2 Likes

Issues - TOO LAGGY and whenever I pressed E to drive, the NPC got out and instead, there was another NPC created who was driving. After spamming E a few times, I could get on the car but there was a huge population around me. You get the bug, right? It’s putting another NPC because there’s an empty car as soon as the driving npc gets off when I press E.

Another thing - Can I use these in my game? Like I will just copy paste and boom.

4 Likes