New Tech Demo: City People Cars

Why is the wheel being shown behind the body lol, is the body frame like transparent right now?

The materials look really nice, but it’s takes away from the experience when I have randoms trying to force me into pvp.

I just discovered that
it has these many lines of code

3 Likes

I’m gonna see if I can optimize the framerate and memory on this map during my spare time. A major red flag I’ve noticed so far is the fact that none of the MeshParts have had their collisions optimized.

17 Likes

Looks amazing, love how the cars handle. There is an issue with the engine sounds though. You could hit a wall and still hold W (you being at 0mph) and the engine would still rev up and gear shift as if it was driving normally, not hitting a wall

Made an optimized version of the map, graphics wise at least.

32 Likes

The load time is so much faster, holy…

1 Like

What is this ?

1 Like

Looks so good!

Actual photo lol

2 Likes

pls optimize it bro. the weird thing is , my pc is more buggy than my phone. “iphone 11 pro”

and my pc specs are really good tho.

2 Likes

I think it looks good and like the better graphics.

Did you use ReShade for that? Pretty curious, since some people have also applied the same effects using only Roblox tools, so just in case… :eyes:

1 Like

What device are you running this on? The memory increase is due to how the streaming system works. As you move through the space, more of the content will stream in. If you have a lot of memory on the device, the streamed in content will stay in memory. We’re working on improving our frame rate manager/related systems so we can improve how the content is handled, so your FPS doesn’t decline.

4 Likes

Yes, credit goes to Orlando for a number of the vehicle bodies! We ended up merging some of the parts together so the vehicle bodies have a lower number of separate parts, to improve performance. Can discuss how it was done in case you’d like to do the same for other vehicles you are working on!

4 Likes

Thank you - previously known issue and we have a fix in streaming/physics that will address this.

1 Like

Please try with automatic graphics setting turned on and let us know how the performance is. If you override this setting, you’ll get different results depending on the content you are running and your hardware (this is true for most current 3D games, not just Roblox).

1 Like

We have NPC drivers that “look” for available cars. I think they are probably too aggressive and we should tune that down a bit.

2 Likes

We are continually working to improve this. There is a balance between loading the player in as fast as possible, and loading in the content, since everything is initially streamed in. More improvements to come here!

2 Likes

Terrain used is the current terrain offered by Roblox. We are working to improve terrain and also built in materials, as separate projects.

2 Likes

Cool! Endorsed packs are on the way soon for the toolbox, so it is easier to use the assets such as the road tiles. We’re adding some additional stuff that isn’t in the CPC demo to the road pack to expand the possibilities. :slight_smile:

3 Likes