New Terrain and Parts Materials Preview Build! Oh YES!

They’ve said it makes no difference with performance compared to the og ones.

3 Likes

Hope that some of these changes retain the older variations a bit more, or even have them as options in the future. I get that you won’t be keeping the old ones but I feel that a lot of these newer textures are much poorer in quality and in design compared to the old ones.

1 Like

Will we have the option to make a place that uses legacy textures instead? or have a way to use both legacy textures and new ones?

3 Likes

Just made the texture pack.

TexturesTest - Roblox

7 Likes

Coincidence or not?

Notice how the new fabric texture looks exactly like a the textured one?

2 Likes

If Roblox staff are going to release this new texture update. PLEASE! We need to have the option to use both old and new material textures. NOT JUST REPLACING THEM WITH NEW ONE. I have to agree with some peoples that some new material needs a rework!! For example, the brick part is literally too big compared to the small brick part material. The new foil material is literally becoming like metal material. I changed my mind. I was going to be expected that you guys are making this update good but then… I’m TOO disappointed. Some new materials having issues. You gotta LITERALLY have to fix them before releasing them to the public. Do not forget that we should HAVE the option to use both old and new material texture as I said at the beginning of my message. :disappointed:

12 Likes

Ok at first I was excited, but after playing with it and seeing how they look, now I’m very disappointed, these new materials are just bad… I mean they arn’t bad,there are some nice ones but some could be better. For the terrain materials I much prefer the current ones, new such as grass just does not look good at all, if im being honest the only good looking one is the stone path. Some materials look poor quality too.

Slate material for parts… the new looks nothing like the other, it ruined my build when I was testing it out with my latest project, it may be ok for floors but not walls and called something else. Also some of the materials you can hardly change the colours.

PLEASE, Like every one else is saying please keep the old and add a way for us to chose between them, this goes for terrain too. Maybe create category’s, keep old, and add the new, in a new list, then add the current terrain materials in another category for parts.
That said I definitely want the current terrain materials for normal parts too.

3 Likes

Free playing around with this for a few days I have got used to the new materials. I am happy for Roblox to proceed with this update as long as they fix the colouring.

Grass is impossible to work with now.

To any Roblox Staff working on this update, please listen.

This will only work if you seperate textures, and not overwrite them. If you do want your engine to be better, you need to atleast, please listen to us.

It does not blend with all builds, especially in the past.

Please respond, thank you.

12 Likes

some materials you announced are missing like tree bark,rubber and stucco plaster. So i am guessing this is just for feedback and that there will be a newer version released for us to test.

2 Likes

I suppose the issue would be solved, anyway, when Roblox adds the ability for custom materials, but that does leave the door open to ask why they bothered with this when that’s around the corner :thinking:

1 Like

these textures are extremely inconsistent. Why are some cartoon-y and others an attempt at realism? This is just going to cause confusion between the two build styles. I’m here for change, but can we please have realistic and cartoon varients of each material to prevent it just looking odd?

1 Like

This is a big step towards the future of gaming and it seems Roblox has already started. It is amazing but will the old terrains still be useable after this comes out. I am concerned about games who have the old terrains still loaded into their game but great move forward.

1 Like

This update makes my game look too dark. Roblox should lighten up the textures so they do not ruin any builds which requires an exact color.

3 Likes

Thanks for citing my point - it really helps knowing that people are listening and that we can hopefully inspire Roblox to change course in regards to removing or restricting the current materials.

4 Likes

Because Its just convienet to already have a detailed library of materials then find your own.

3 Likes

I’m not seeing much positivity around here, however I am positive about this update and hope there are other people whomr’ also excited for this update. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

The only textures that are literally horrible are Sand, Slate, LeafyGrass and Ice. They all are low quality is really ugly especially the Sand, and just entirely doesn’t fit within the mood of roblox.

1 Like

But it was so beautiful and and and…

I think it’s better for roblox to add the new materials rather than replacing the old ones.

So why not add the new materials and keep the old ones?

I keep seeing people say, add a toggle, which doesn’t help.

Imagine you want to make a build using the old materials and using the new ones. A toggle wouldn’t help with this.

Perhaps, I would change my mind if custom materials were a thing for parts. But I don’t know if that is going to be a thing. Since a feature like this would fix all the problems.

Also as from the last topic. All the material requests we requested aren’t in yet. I know it seems painful to work on adding in every request (Including mine and other’s requests)

I know I think we requested like 100+ new materials to be added but it seems great to have all these options but for the people adding them in is pain. Unless they find it easy.

12 Likes