New Trades Page - Available for All Users

Like @dibblydubblydoo said,

I hope they update this too, it makes it harder for us to check our summary and transactions, when they can be both on the same page. I’m not sure if this is intentional or not, but as far what I see, they should both be combined into the trades page.

3 Likes

Thank you Ninjamanandcoolman18!

4 Likes

It looks great, but I think there should be some nice icons for the “Items you will give” and “Items you will receive.” Helps with legibility, as right now it’s kind of hard to discern between the two.

3 Likes

I thought this too, but it turns out you can still view them by clicking your Robux in the upper right then clicking on your balance. Hope this helps :laughing:

2 Likes

I think adding more trade slots would be good to prevent double trade scamming.

3 Likes

A really think traders would be much more happy if you could trade more than four items.

2 Likes

it would be so cool if they added more slots! :relaxed:

1 Like

This is awful, I now can’t see the transactions page.

1 Like

That’s because you were using the Trade button to access a different feature. This was clarified in the original post:

3 Likes

I still honestly think there should be some sort of ‘transactions’ button underneath the amount of Robux you have, similar to the ‘Buy Robux’ button thats already there.

The average Roblox user might not be savvy enough to figure out they actually have to click on the Robux amount to view their transactions, especially since there has never been incentive to exactly ‘click’ on your funds until now.

5 Likes

Great additions, I’m happy that it finally gives us more information when trades fail and that we can infinite scroll. Thank you!

2 Likes

It’s great to see Roblox fitting website features into modern design. Looks amazing and way better than the old layout.

2 Likes

the setup change is really weird, why have the sending player and receiving player sides been swapped

lots of empty space on the bottom of this page

i cant click on their username anymore to go to their profile, only the player icon. with the new change i’m specifically talking about “Trade with …” at the top where … used to be a hyperlink.

when trading with the new design u don’t actually tell the player that the item name is a hyperlink, so the intuitive suggestion to the player is that when they click it they will add that item to the trade but LOL nope it redirects the trade window to the item. kind of like, a really really annoying UX.

other suggestions:
show us the trade id
give us a search because some players like saturniidae will have 3,797 collectibles and you’re trying to send an offer on two of them.

4 Likes

I was just added to the beta program. Just wondering, how long will I need to wait to get this feature?

3 Likes

Also wondering the same here. Does it take a bit while Roblox does update it in their website?

2 Likes

After using the new trade window for a few days, I’ve gathered some more impressions on the new page, and improvements I hope to see

Robux
In the “value” total, robux used to be calculated before marketplace fee, and it is now calculated after the marketplace fee

Example

Old window:
robux1

New window:

despite having the exact same items, and amount of Robux added, the “Value” differs by 300 R$ between the new windows due to the new calculation, this issue only scales as you add more Robux to trade, making your trades look progressively worse. (I.e if you add 10,000 R$, the value would be different by 3,000 R$)

Placement of value
This one is nitpicking (and a little hard to explain) because I’ve been using the Trade system for so long and my eyes just go to certain locations for certain information, but “Value” used to appear in the top right corner, it now appears in the bottom left corner.

Example

Apologies in advance for the length of this one.

I know this is not how the window is intended to be viewed, but the current placement always has me looking in the wrong places for the information I’m seeking. Pictured below is an example of how the layout has confused me.

(hope you like my MS paint edit)
Old window for comparison (has you looking in the top right corner for Value):

New window (has you looking in the bottom right corner for Value) : with a suggestion*

I would really like to see the Value totals moved to their legacy locations.as is shown above.

Language on outbounds
(Another nitpicking suggestion) With the old trade page, canceling outbound trades used the words “cancel” now it says “decline”, overall the outbound trades share more with inbounds than before

Example

Shown below is the old window using the word “cancel”
unknown (9) (1)
Shown below is the new window using the word “decline”

Very minor suggestion, however, any improvement is positive!

random minor bugs I ran into while using the new page:

Header missing from counter trade window

the “Trade with [username]” header is missing when you counter a users trade

How it looks like with a normal trade window:

How it looks like when you counter
missingheader

Cancel outbound has trade filter suggestion

Canceling an outbound trade with the new page shows the trade filter suggestion that previously only shown when declining an inbound trade.

Circled is the message mentioned

Example of the old window for reference

overall thoughts
I’m very pleased with the new trade page, my feedback listed above come from the standpoint of a user who uses the trade system on a daily basis, and as a veteran trader who’s been trading for 8 years. (I actually checked and my first trade was on 7/14/12 :slight_smile: ) while I was nitpicking, the new trade page is still a huge improvement over the old, outdated page.

14 Likes

Looks Great! Glad to finally see an update get done towards the trade page and, fit the modernized style as all the other pages.

5 Likes

I think it looks fantastic. Just navigating around it feels so much better than the old version. I wouldn’t change anything about it what so ever.

I have 1 suggestion though. Maybe a feature that tells the user how much Robux they may gain or lose from this trade? For example if the user is trading an Item worth 500 for an Item worth 1,000 It’ll say 500 Robux Advantage.

Let me know what you think of this suggestion!

4 Likes

Will this feature work alongside Roblox+ informing players of good trades or bad trades? A feature I feel would benefit many people as most (not all) aren’t sure on how to trade and reduces spam trading.

3 Likes

Roblox isn’t going to cater to the needs of a third party plugin no matter how popular it is. This should probably be a question for @WebGL3D and not the Roblox Staff.

3 Likes