New Updates to the Toolbox!

People did pay for scripts during the time of private modules. Not to mention, similar things happen outside of Roblox. If Roblox ever wants to be seen as a true development platform, I’m sure an asset store- be it officially or unofficially ran, would be wanted by many developers, and it would also attract more professionals.

1 Like

I really like this update, it makes the Toolbox look much nicer and it’s much easier to use now. I also like that we are now able to preview other(s) assets/models or someting like that.

This is a very nice update. Makes it much easier to look through my models/images.

That would be annoying, but I think it shouldn’t be too much of a problem if your careful

I never heard of that, could you link me where you got it from?

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/model-maker-program/23957

Here you go!

1 Like

Thank you, going to look into it when I can :+1:

Also, to explain my thoughts, you should be able to sell models kind of like gamepasses. Both Roblox and the developers would benefit from that. More people buy Robux, and developer have a chance to get money for their minor work.

The model maker program is dead, and has been for a long time.

2 Likes

I wish you could also filter out creators to search for (like ROBLOX, very helpful in the audio library. for example: if you search up a sound effect name, you could just get spammed with APM music tracks.)

4 Likes

You already can do this in the toolbox search. Click on the filter icon to the right of th search bar.
okJvtUzCEMUUEpNdlqd799Xt8cyw_0UNRMu1ZN_Nj4jUa8x5NOBLsECPxtg5DdesBeyP2uJwasfdy0TjY8GDarR1Er4Q4e3alUMqu5Ac7oj4qfRG_VNjcvw9_1atz9pHwew5cYq5

That doesn’t stop every sound in the results being APM music.

@ShutokouBattle You might want to voice your opinion in this feature request:

Amazing and neat update to the toolbox for Studio! I love an organised toolbox.

In one of the tests (AssetPreview.spec), I found this:

Some observations:

• This test will fail immediately because the props are being passed as children… I think this was meant to be wrapped by MockWrapper.
  • The test is also outdated (and so is the documentation for AssetPreview) since almost none of these props were used by the code.
  • There’s props for Robux! So maybe priced models were considered at some point (also explains why they used the term Marketplace over Library), but were scrapped for whatever reason.
7 Likes

I honestly think that the new Toolbox is way more organized and its easier to see what you really insert into your place! It also makes Tollbox easier to use for new roblox studio users!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for this update, so convenient!

I love it how everything is neatly organized.

3 Likes

Wait, so people can actually sell their creations?

2 Likes

As of right now, no. There have been no official statements from Roblox about this becoming an official feature either.

2 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off-topic and bump posts

Discussion about copyright strikes is off-topic here.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.