Notice about issues with opening Places

I can’t even connect to like anything. Right now I’m on mobile. Hope this is fixed soon!

3 Likes

Well but I didn’t even notice anything happened on 3rd of August. But I saw a lot of posts about place corruption, games not opening, servers very weak and website not loading. But none of theese happened to me but I worked a lot at that date. Hmmmmm strange… maybe it can be about location or some servers crashed or Idk

3 Likes

I don’t know, but maybe, if you still got the place open, you can save it to a file?

Hoepfully that works, but it sucks if you lost progress :frowning:

Best of luck though!

3 Likes

I lost progress and couldn’t get it back, I reverted the place with a major part of what I had. Luckily enough it was easy to rewrite it.

5 Likes

That’s great to hear!

Glad it turned out semi-good!

3 Likes

Reverting to a previous version has not solved the problem in my case: Teleports yielding indefinitely; places can't be opened. Places appear corrupted

8 Likes

is that why resizing a gui which was scale instead of offset was broken and using datastores was being weird for me

4 Likes

This happened to me, it’s just I can still open the game. My W.I.P First Person Shooter lost all of our scripts. I don’t know if this was the cause or not.

5 Likes

So, you’re telling me, on the one day I wanted to open my first place that was created in 2012, the data got corrupted?

This is the code I get:
Cannot load published place
Sorry, this published place could not be loaded.
Details: “Error while decoding data: unexpected end at offset 3”

2 Likes

Reverting my place version worked. I can now access the place on team create! <3

I figured this was going to be a platform wide issue when I noticed it.
Thankfully I can report that reverting to an earlier version solved the issue.

2 Likes

How are you reverting w/o getting inside the studio?

1 Like

You can revert through the site, on the game’s page click the “…” to the right of the name, go to configure this place, then the version history tab.

1 Like

two games we were working on in team create / group games are acting the same…
no way to enter, getting the error :
Could not open the place "XKXKXK with exception: “Unable to open the place. Please restart your application and try again. If you continue to encounter this error, please contact customer service.”.

we’ll this data be restored? did we just lost 2 games?! we have been working on for a few months?

3 Likes

RIP… There goes all my work from the past 3 hours :confused:

Sorry for y’all other devs out there…

3 Likes

Will we get an update on exactly how this happened and what roblox is doing in the future to make sure this will never happen again? This makes me weary about developing in roblox studio at all, how do I know that what I’m working on right now isn’t going to be lost in another incident like this?

5 Likes

Same here. Just reverted but doesn’t solve anything. Keep getting the same error. (I can’t even acces the game.)

3 Likes

You might have to revert a few more versions? This should solve studio access to the game. My issue is with teleports to the corrupted places.

4 Likes

As Defaultio mentioned above, the only fix I could find was multiple/long term reverts on the broken place via web-page settings on the place. You may lose some progress, but the place returns to a workable version.

2 Likes

That really sucks… I’ve been putting more then 5 hours in scripting for the last 2 days…

Thanks for your help @Defaultio & @janboe_mcflurry but I think I’m going to wait for a day or two in the hope that Roblox comes with some sort of fix which makes it workable again.

2 Likes