Notice about RDC 2020

No matter what, Roblox is wise enough to make those decisions.

1 Like

My comment was in regards to the server, not to RDC. What’s the point of having the “RDC US Attendee” rank if there wont be a physical RDC?

4 Likes

this year, Did RDC cancel or RDC must keep going by doing a game that puts all developers in the same server but is The RDC gonna work with the join system?

1 Like

Aww. Two days after I get invited to my first RDC it gets cancelled :frowning:

Honestly though I did see this coming, and despite how much this sucks I’m glad Roblox prioritizes health and safety over having a physical event.

8 Likes

Ah, sorry about that. Just assumed that it was for the entirety of the event.

1 Like

Wasn’t a nice choice, but the right choice. Although people may get upset about this, it’s our safety they thought of.

2 Likes

Do they have to? It was mainly invite-only. I wouldn’t mind if they made it invite-only. I find no reason as of to make it public since there would be LOTS of trollers and exploiters that have nothing to do with developing that only want to mess around.

2 Likes

There is a chance the RDC will take place in 2021. If a vaccine isn’t developed by then, it’s most likely the virus would have died down from the lack of activity. (meaning everyone is social distancing and isolating, so the virus can’t get around).

1 Like

Aweee, This is super sad for the people who are going for the first time! But on the bright side! Hopes up for next year!

(Pssstt) Make sure to wish the birthday people with there cakes! :cake:

1 Like

I totally understand and i’m glad it’s going digital this year (considering how I would have to go on a long trip just to get to San Francisco).

1 Like

This pandemic is sucking the fun out of our lifes, however I completely agree with this decision moving forward. Doing this is the safest decision for everyone out here, and with this being said, I look forward to attending this years virtual event, because I’m sure it’ll be for the public, if I’m right? Who knows, either way, I’m still looking forward to see where this years RDC goes…

1 Like

It really is unfortunate that this virus has overthrown all the good things this year had to offer, both in and out of ROBLOX. Hope to see some good news on this!

1 Like

As sad as it is to see RDC get canceled this year I wish you all the best of luck during this pandemic and I look forward to seeing how RDC is gonna be online this year.

1 Like

Could the virtual event have VR support? I’d really want to be able to have the full experience by being able to fistbump my buddies in an all virtual experience, which is also playable without VR.

12 Likes

Would the same video technology that was used in the bloxy awards and the together at home event possibly be used for this?

3 Likes

Will it be done virtually, or is it just cancelled?

1 Like

It will be done Virtually on July 24 - 26, 2020.

1 Like

Will it still be a invite? And when is RDC 2020 Gonna start? Will we still have game jam? Where are we gonna do the virtual one? Looking forward.

Even though it sucks that 2020 was cancelled, if theres a gamejam, you might be able to jam with devs who wouldn’t of been able to go to RDC :smiley:

6 Likes

Correct decision from Roblox at least its not cancelled.
Stay safe.

1 Like