Notice: Review of Recent Off-Platform Behavior

He said that Roblox was fine with the Cat plush and I guess I’m correct as he did it 2+ times now.

So I guess you could say it’s kind of like Minecraft? image

Yeah, but its normaly against ToS? no?

No it doesn’t?

Shedletsky isn’t giving away free codes for in-game items for buying his NFT’s. He simply using the Roblox engine to create pictures to then turn into NFT’s. Similarly to how making a GFX of a Roblox avatar and selling it isn’t against ToS, taking a screenshot and selling it isn’t against ToS.

As a side note, I seriously doubt John, a Roblox employee for 8(?) years would blatantly break ToS.

1 Like

Sadly its to late now, Big Games has already made their big money. I am disgusted that they did such a thing and it gives us smaller devs a bad rap

This is ROBLOX’s platform, so it’s not too late for ROBLOX themselves to punish them for it. If BIG Games doesn’t care about any of this at all then they’re scum, and they deserve to get punished.

2 Likes

I expect BIG Games to be terminated because of this, not taking the game down shows complete favoritism and sets a bad example that if you become a big developer, you can break the rules and get away with it just because your making Roblox a lot of money.

NFTs giving in-game items is against TOS, simple as that. Roblox doesn’t get their cut. Large money making games should not be allowed to ignore the rules and should be punished fairly as any developer would be.

6 Likes

It all comes down to how ROBLOX decides to interpret their own ToS. If they decide to let it fly for the big developers and slam it on any small developers who try this, that’s their choice to make. Sure it’s unfair, but not only are they allowed to do it, it makes sense from their point of view. It would do more harm to them if they permanently ban the users rather than just warning them to keep NFTs off of ROBLOX.

I agree that that would be a really unfair and inconsistent thing to do, thought I don’t think they will terminate them. It’s really an L - L situation for ROBLOX, and I think their best option is to warn them of the imminent ban should they further involve ROBLOX with NFTs.

That’s another option I hadn’t thought about. Fining users isn’t really something we’ve seen ROBLOX do before, though maybe they will start using it as a form of punishment. It might turn out that this is their best option to prevent NFTs from coming to ROBLOX while at the same time maintaining a healthy relationship with the development community.

Not necessarily.

Even though BIG Games have already gotten quite a bit of money from NFTs, they’ll still loose a (massive) flowing source of income (hypothetically, obviously Roblox hasn’t come to any conclusion yet). It’s like winning 200k in the lottery and the losing your job the next day. That money won’t sustain you forever.

I think many people are missing the point. Imagine this exact situation without the NFT aspect, and Pet Simulator X is still selling in-game items outside the platform, which is very clearly against the ToS.

The NFTs (while controversial on their own) are merely insult to injury in this case.

2 Likes

They truly have shown their true colors with the recent events. I hope they can be used as an example of what not to do. The last game of theirs I felt wasn’t money-driven was big paintball, a long time ago. I am glad Roblox is taking a stand against this, and I hope to never see NFTs on this platform ever again.

1 Like

I agree, the plush issue by example, tho i do have some questions, your main product is selling a plush (but including an in-game perk is allowed is not the main product?)

1 Like

Fair point, I meant the block chain is irreversible, there is going to be even more drama from this after people get mad they spent 1000+ on a pet thats now removed, I am not sure how they will be punished, Maybe DevX money go bye bye?

3 Likes

Sorry to those who think Big Games is going to get punished for this. It looks as though Roblox is going to let this one fly, as they are, in other words, “ensuring their polices are still relevant in today’s market”, and are probably going to undergo a policy change.

Just wait for them to start endorsing NFTs. Limiteds are almost a perfect example of NFTs, and there was actually word that community made limiteds will become a thing.

2 Likes

Yeah i had realized my lapse in judgement as soon as I saw a reply, but my final thoughts can be summarized here

1 Like

You underestimate the platform you’re on.

ROBLOX is known for being incredibly vague in their announcement posts, but I doubt they would let something like this go by just because BIG Games is a big development group and because this wasn’t explicitly stated in the ToS. BIG Games was selling NFTs with in-game perks which is a huge no-no (as I stated earlier), so we can’t just assume ROBLOX doesn’t think like we do atleast in some aspects.

2 Likes

Mostly if roblox does not act up on this, that will show up a very bad example for new games/developers.

Imaging just everyone now knowing that BIG Games can so they can sell NFTs with in-game perks.
We can say the same maybe with Patreon or others systems off-sites, that can even use an API or code.

1 Like

Although true, I wouldn’t rule out Roblox letting this slide. Remember that BIG Games has been selling plushies with codes for exclusive pets for a while now and, despite blatantly breaking ToS, haven’t gotten punished.

1 Like

Selling NFTs to a userbase who is mainly probably under the age of 18 is poor form. I’ll reserve my overall thoughts on NFTs (I won’t, I think they’re a scam) but I hope Roblox shuts this down pretty quickly. I believe all transactions should remain on the platform.

Tho this is a question, the code are not the main product, the Plush is, but including an in-game code for a purchase that is main the main product, is it against ToS?

Does this count like selling the individual code?
Or the plush is mostly the promote the code or a way to bypass the off-site in-game purchases?