Obbymania, my first roblox game

O B B Y M A N I A
A never ending mayhem of round-based obstacle courses.

Another massive rehaul of the programming behind the curtain that brought a long with it a long-awaited sprint system, a massive clean-up of bugs that plagued the three years old code and the possibility of adding new and interesting features without me having to want to :Destroy() myself from reality.

What’s Obbymania? It’s my first ever actual project on this game that I’ve kept and that I’m still working on, despite having exhausted myself a lot while creating it. It’s seen numerous iterations and is just now starting to resemble an actual game I’m actually proud of. Simply put, round-based obby minigame. Something akin to Tower of Hell I guess.

Credits are due where they are, from my girlfriend ( Ywh1999 ) who’s helped me and designed graphics for the game, to @EgoMoose for open sourcing his platformer character controller that led me to create what Obbymania is today.

Now, you may ask, why is this post appearing in Help and Feedback…
… the reason is that I am really in need of feedback. Most of the comments here are from a long while ago, and while some still help me to this day or have shaped the game, they’re long past their due.

https://www.roblox.com/games/4907058334/Obbymania

Please check my game up above and be sure to tell me exactly what you think of it or to inform me about some of your ideas or suggestions or even as little as some tweaks I could do.

Things that are going to be changed:

• Maps. Most of them are old and are there just to test the flow of the game.
  • things you guys might suggest go here
41 Likes

The game was really and fun i liked it a lot!

6 Likes

The game is really fun, I hope it gets popular!

6 Likes

I liked it a lot! Can’t wait for mobile controls. I like how you were in the game when I joined, for most games it’s rare to meat the developer.
Thumbs up :+1:

5 Likes

Mobile controls are certainly coming soon, seeing as someone just joined on mobile and was unable to play.

6 Likes

I like the game, keep up this nice job. :+1:

4 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at this @JTgaming747, @LoveTheBears101, @Contraman237 @Abd_Dev and everyone else.

3 Likes

I love it there are not many obby games like this keep up the work :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Really amazing game, good work dude!

2 Likes

I really like the gameplay of the game. It’s absolutely lovely! I understand this game is in early development, so I’d give you some tips rather than criticism.

• See if you can get some more music that fits the game(?)
• Definitely add more maps, but try and keep them simple and short. It’s a lovely quality about the current map.
• Glow up the lobby a little bit, maybe prevent players from falling off, or if they do, warp them back to the spawn point rather than letting them die.
• A shop UI, and currency system, to give players a sense of progress and give more interest.
• Maybe some separate round starters? Tower Defense Simulator has several round starters, each of which has a different map spawner. Perhaps see if you can get this in?

Overall, this is a great base for an entertaining and fun game you can play with friends. You did a really good job!

3 Likes

Beautiful suggestions!
• Going to work onto the warping players back when they fall instead of straight killing them, as part of the lobby is that you can climb the floating cubes around it.
• Shop UI, currency and XP System are bound to come whenever I get around to fixing most of the current issues plaguing this game.
• Separate roundstarters could work when I have more maps ready.
• Music and more maps are of course coming.

Thanks for the compliments!

1 Like

Game was nice and enjoyable. The UI looks good and the builds are nice too. This is a good game!

2 Likes

wall jumping is a bit buggy and almost not noticeable, it took me 3 rounds to realise i gotta move sideways when jumping on a wall. Maybe add a wall jumping animation? otherwise, great game!

2 Likes

First, let me welcome you to the DevForums!

And secondly you’re right, wall jumping is quite easy to not notice. I’ll see what I can do about that.

2 Likes

Thanks! it was a bit weird typing this, it’s my first ever thing i posted/typed on the forums. lol. I was so used to just lurking around not being able to type,vote or give my opinion. I was just observing. Good Luck with your game!

2 Likes

Maybe you could add sliding and running to the game

2 Likes

The problem with adding sliding is that it will make it that much harder to make this game enjoyable on mobile…
… but I’ll see about adding a sprinting feature!

2 Likes

Alrightio!
I have worked on a proper test map along with polishing up a bunch of the already existing features and getting rid of a bunch of bugs. Tutorial is finally in and an end-screen has been added.

What do you guys think of the overall gameplay feeling and UX?

2 Likes

Alrightio, a little update.
I have polished up the Shop and the tutorial, and besides that I have added the first actual map into the game entitled “Nostalgia
It ain’t much, but I’m in need on feedback with everything that’s been done. Helps a lot with my motivation as well if I know that I’m going in the right way with this, and if I’m not I can always be sure to correct what’s wrong.

Please check the game once again if you’ve got the time for it, and if you want of course.

1 Like

Loved the game was really enjoyable i think in the future update you should have 4 obbys and then gradually go up to 12 i think that is good. Also for events like Easter make special obbys

2 Likes