Hey everyone, it’s me again… again. I’m just here to let you know that we have now released our improvements to the object insertion workflow for everyone.
The feedback we received on the first and second round of testing was incredible and we worked on making the changes needed to push this to all of you. Just because the beta testing period is over does not mean we are going to stop working on it. We still want your feedback!
Below, I have compacted a list of improvements we made:
- Object insertion workflows now share the same UX. This should hopefully prevent absolute system shock if you ever try to change your workflow.
- You can insert anything, anywhere. We made this for all of our heroes out there that still use Lighting to store things. Yes, we know who you are.
- Frequently Used will show you the most used objects that belong in the selected parent. This list has a weighting system that will subtly re-weigh over time. When you don’t have an object selected, it will just display your Top 7 most inserted objects.
- Expanded View is here! For everyone that wants more content for their screen space. (screenshot below)
- Added two options for people that want to change the default experience. A dropdown arrow on the widget next to the search bar will show you two options. Recommended Objects is a toggle to hide or show objects that don’t belong in the selected parent. Select object after insert will… well, I think it’s self-explanatory. These options can be changed anytime through the dropdown on the widget.
Screenshot: Compact / Single Column View
Screenshot: Expanded / Multi-Column View
Once again, thank you to everyone for your feedback during the beta. I believe we iterated well and came out with a great solution. We are still looking for feedback! Please post below, as we will be reading this post and keeping an eye on it.
I just want to give a huge shout out to @PoshKiwi for single-handedly crushing this project. It was awesome!