[open pt] Programmer - software engineering degree and about 5 years Roblox experience

Some info on here may be outdated, as this is no longer maintained. I also cannot change the title above.

catinabox

lightning
(Made by me with the help of my math book.)

About Me

I started learning how to code on Roblox in the begining of 2015 (5 years of experience) and I am very familiar with Roblox Studio and Roblox game development overall. I have a degree in software engineering and a concentration in mathematics.

I can certainly code front end projects (such as cars and guns), but I am particularly good at making complicated back end systems, frameworks, and code heavy projects. I have considerable experience in creating and organizing large GUI systems in Roblox. And along with any code or framework I make, I can keep it clean and commented, and I can make documentation and diagrams if desired. Though coding is what I am best at, I am also familiar with building, basic photo editing, basic sound effect editing/recording, and 3D math.

college projects
Projects I created in college included a parser and compiler, various sorting algorithms, A*, Dijkstra’s algorithm, binary tree, a chess playing AI, a 2D tanks video game, my college capstone video game (see below), a from-scratch website, and more. In 3 credits of personal study, I studied basic video game mathematics related to 3D rendering, physics, and related topics.

Showcase

============

Documentation Example
If you are interested in hiring me, I can show you more documantation. However, I can only show a blurred UML Sequence diagram for this post due to security and confidentiality.

Lua Proficiency Test
Here is a screenshot of a GUI I scripted which reads in a normal string and turns it into a code friendly display.

Capstone Unity Game
Here is a video game I made for my college capstone called The Life of a Mr. Seifert (I wasn’t allowed to use Roblox). The voices in the game are actual students and staff from my college, and the main character is my professor. The maps and character animations are imported and not made by me. The characters were made to look like actual students and staff, and they were made with Adobe Fuse.
The Life of a Mr. Seifert

Pascal Compiler
This was made by me, but just a little bit of code was supplied by the instructor.
Visual Studio download

Some small Roblox projects
Here are some screenshots of things I have built and scripted.

Working Airport Scanner

Airport Scanner in action

The scanner model can be found on Roblox here.This was made before the ViewportFrame.

Soda Shop

Lightning Effect

(sound plays once for demonstration purposes)
lightning.mov - Google Drive

Gun with unique ammo checking

basic car rig (without any art or visuals)

CarRigDemo.mov - Google Drive

basic building examples from a project I was working on

Code Example
Here is most of the code I wrote for the airport scanner. Let me know if you want more code examples.
server side scanner code

creations display
Here is a place with those creations plus more.

Sound Effects
Here are some sound effects I have recorded. I started doing this recently. I’m not a pro, but I can make good, basic sound effects.

I also have quite a bit of experience in downloading sound effects from Freesound.com, editing them, and using them. You will hear a lot of these in my portfolio game and my college capstone game.

Availability

I may be available. This post is not maintained.

Contact

You can message me on the Developer Forum or ask questions in this post. Feel free to ask questions. I can show you more code/projects if you wish.

14 Likes

Definitely contacting you soon buddy.

Hmmm, maybe I should not have posted this at midnight.

2 Likes

Hello, please look over this to see if you can do it.

I’ll have to decline, as I’ve never done anything with Discord bots, and I’m waiting to hear back from someone else on something.

1 Like

Alrighty, thanks. Also, just doing the spawn system would be nice :slight_smile:

I am still available to join a team.

1 Like

Im interested.My tag: Er1k#7026

Feel free to message me on the forum with details, I don’t really use discord right now.

1 Like

I am still available for hire.

1 Like

Alrighty so I hired a team of people to work on the project that I showed you and it is going great, but they hardly work on it. Would you be willing to get hired to fix bugs? Also, how often do you respond? I like to have active communication with my team, and all 3 people who are on it don’t really do that.

I will have to decline again. I am also waiting on a possible job offer.

1 Like

I have a week long project I need help scripting, and I can offer a portion of the game percentage in exchange. Not too much needed to be done but a possible solid source of revenue if you are interested!

I will have to decline. Good luck to you.

1 Like

I am now open to considering part time work.

Hey I’d like to hire you for a long term position. Can we please take this to dms (Trophane#8773) thank you.

1 Like

Hello,

Im from Monarch entertainment and we would like to hire you as our lead scripter for boundless, a open world survival game.

More info here:

Contact me here:

Netflix 2#7244

Hi I would love to work with you,

I need something done with my game, shouldnt take long.

Here is my discord dreaming#6503,

Thank you. My rate is $25 per hour, and I have updated my post to reflect that. If you are interested, please message me here on the dev forum.

thats wayy too much

I hope the best for you