[Open Source] Simple Combat System (with blocking and stun)

simple combat system

this combat system has:

• blocking
  • punching
  • stun

it’s pretty simple i released it cause one of my friends wanted to learn more about scripting n yeah if you find any bugs i’ll probably fix them if i have the time to

i don’t ask for credit just use it and don’t claim it as ur own

uncopylocked game url: combat system - Roblox

credits to

how to setup

all you need to do is go to the “yessir animations” rig/model in workspace and open up animation editor and just publish the animations and then put their respective ids in ReplicatedStorage “Animations”

if you found this useful heart the post n thx bye

go in comments to find out about added changes
this combat system is getting reworked soon

88 Likes
  • fixed bug where you could inf block
  • made it so you can’t jump while attacking
  • rewrote the blocking system (block isn’t 360)
6 Likes
  • made it so you don’t attack if you are holding a tool
4 Likes

roblox apparently false flagged it for a bit so, now it’s open hopefully:

3 Likes

is there a video showcase about it? that’s so that the people that can’t use it rn can see how it looks like

4 Likes

i’ll probably do one i guess, whenever i have the time

2 Likes

ignore this guy I really appreciate you open sourcing this. this project is a bit daunting to me coming back to roblox dev & going through this will def help me grasp a few things. thank you :smiley:

10 Likes

no problem dude have fun learning stuff

7 Likes

this is very helpful, I’m making a game for fun using this, I’ll be sure to give credits. also, how do you change the amount of damage per punch?

6 Likes

it’s in the characterhandler script, there’s a thing that says damage = and then you can change it there (also credit is not required)

3 Likes

yea no problem dude have fun :))

4 Likes

Also quick question is it possible to make this mobile friendly?

if you have scripting knowledge it’s probably easy to do it (u just gotta make a button and once it’s clicked just fire the LeftClick remote on the character handler’s remotes); if you are asking for me to make it mobile friendly i guess i’ll think about it since i’ve been really busy

2 Likes

This is pretty nice, I’m starting to learn how to make combat I try to learn this.

4 Likes

i love that, keep going man one day you’ll be an expert

2 Likes

saw this before school, also uh probably necroposting but gonna use this to build up from it and add custom stuff, thanks

3 Likes

awesome!! if you ever do some cool stuff with it plz show me!! (u don’t have to though!)

1 Like

Can i make a suggestion?, maybe can you try doing it or make another one inspired on the Soul shatters game ?, Like, knockback anims and when falling on a wall too, would be cool

1 Like

Just wanted to say bro, this is an awesome base combat. I’ve been working on it for the past couple months developing my passion project and it’s helped me learn so much about scripting!

1 Like

Thanks so much dude, I appreciate it; share it to your scripter friends if they want to learn!