Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

Never said the situation isn’t bad already. But it will 100% get worse.

The floodgates have opened! Get ready guys!

We’re doomed. We’re actually doomed. This isn’t a panic, this is an apocalypse.

1 Like

Time and time again, they say they’ll be more transparent, and provide upcoming feedback with the community before publishing updates. Now we see these absolutely awful updates roll in without Quality Assurance once again.

It’s like there’s no structure in the company to ensure quality, like how rushed The Hunt was with reusing old assets and making an awful hunt for us to play on. Nothing really innovative was made here, a 14 year old could’ve made that teleport game, and it was up to the developers to rush to have something made. Really pitiful honestly.

Reverse this update, I swear @Roblox

4 Likes

We require an actual petition to STOP the idea of Public UGC.
We can’t let this happen, there will be so much public unexpected abuse of glitches and issues of third-party.

1 Like

Well, here we go. This is where the fun begins.

I’m wondering just how much online dating, copyright infringement, and other ToS violations we’re gonna see with the inevitable massive influx of UGC uploads. If the current state of affairs is a sign of anything… well, let’s just say my expectations aren’t high.

This does bring one disturbing possibility to mind, and that’s the fact that this is the perfect time to introduce something like the marketplace item policy update that was brought forward (and THANKFULLY quietly cancelled) a little while back. Now that public UGC is a thing it feels like now more than ever is the perfect time for ROBLOX to drop this warhead on us, so to any devs reading this it might be smart to start preparing a contingency - just in case.

In any case, I am interested in seeing how the coming months play out.

1 Like

Why? I want access to the UGC.

1 Like

I don’t think public ugc is a bad idea in theory, it’ll take time to refine but I could see it being a great addition to the platform. If they can get copyright/copied items under control I don’t see what the problem would be

Guys, how to upload the UGCs?

I will be glad to have access to UGC, but they HAVE to increase the barrier of entry. Have a minimum account age (time since account was created). Have SOMETHING. I see a lot of young users bypass ID verification using a relatives ID. Couldnt abusers do the same?

1 Like

I just uploaded an item and it’s saying this despite the owner (aka my alt) having Premium 1000

1 Like

I know, but there’s so much we can expect to violate the guidelines,
Sexual Content that is hidden in some meaning,
R63 by an example could be easily hidden from the moderation just like how they’ve done so far with the toolbox’s bypass.
On top of that, there’s going to be an even bigger push of content it could possibly cause major damage to the moderation it has. I’m talking that AI could not be enough to watch all the content appropriately.

Even though there’s an expected push of many creators to use UGC, there’s still the flaw of economy since most of the countries would require to depend on dollars more than their own currency. (e.g. Polish PLN is approx. 2/3 times less valuable as dollars since Poland never transformed their currency to Euros)

Of course, but what does the Poland doing there?

I said Poland as an example, you think the U.S. is the only country of players which has Developers on Roblox?

1 Like

something I will give props to, if roblox does actually intend on making this a genuine feature, many people (including myself) will actually indulge with buying premium, I can commend the business of making such a well requested feature locked behind a (relatively small) paywall, I know it seems like im being sarcastic but this is actually a really good selling point for premium.

Just realized that you from Poland lol (it’s written in your profile, where the location is)

I mean, yeah you yourself have Ukraine in your profile. I’m specifically giving an example of my own country since I know it most and I’m aware than not just the countries which are part of EU also play and develop on Roblox. It is the most engaging platform for the most part.

1 Like

This is the worst update you’ve ever done with 0 thought put behind it. You weren’t even able to control the quality of how it is right now without Public UGC.

I can’t wait to see the absolute worst things imaginable in the catalog.

Well done.

1 Like

Не думал что тут русскоговорящие есть лол

Oh no… oh nooo. oh no no no… no…

1 Like