Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

Here comes a waste of money for copyrighted content! Thanks for the worst feature ever, Roblox.

1 Like

6 Likes

I’m gonna have to wait 3 weeks because I can’t update my premium membership without cancelling it first. An issue that’s been around for years now. Neat!

That’s a long way to say we feel like requiring premium because we just feel like it. It’s not like premium adds that much more to make it more “protected”

3 Likes

I have been on txto’s ugc store and most of his things are just themed off of roblox limiteds. Valk themed headphones are not a problem, people like items that have the same theme as their main hat. The warrior helms are far enough from the kleos items. The elemental caps literally just have the elemental sign on them. The federations don’t even look close to the real ones.

It’s like your saying that if an item is literally a helmet, it is considered a kleos copy, if a squire crown is uploaded, it is immediately seen as a federation.

I think that the items resemble limiteds but are far enough where they have their own creativity.

There are many ugc creators who upload stuff like this. It isn’t breaking tos and it is not a 1:1 of a real roblox limited. These items aren’t really worth of DSA or DMCA.

I honestly don’t know why people frowning so much at this update.

Imagine you have a product featured in a local convenience store chain like Walmart. While they take a significant portion of your sales revenue, the sheer volume of customers they attract means you still make some profit with each sale. In essence, it’s better to earn a small percentage from a large number of sales than to have full control over a product that nobody buys.

Similarly, in the realm of User-Generated Content (UGC), where countless items are created daily, each individual item’s value diminishes over time. This is exacerbated by the fact that the catalog page, where these items are showcased, has limited space, intensifying competition among creators.

Moreover, when a website like Catalog takes a 40% cut, it’s akin to a seller choosing to promote your item, much like a game would. This arrangement may seem unfavorable at first glance, but it ensures that your creation gets visibility and stands a chance among the sea of other content vying for attention.

2 Likes

Wowie! Now I can upload personals for myselfs. I can’t wait for the new fake roblox ugc limiteds. I’m gonna feel powerful when I adorn my fake expensive hats.

In all seriousness, UGC is done for. Roblox has shown they can’t keep up with TOS breaking items. Less money to be made and more competition to be fought for.

Here is a poem I made to celebrate and mourn UGC: In pixels forged, a virtual land,
Where dreams take shape, where they expand,

In Roblox realms, where avatars play,
A world of wonder, come what may.

In this realm, a yearning grows,
For items rare, with sparkling glows,
Expensive hats, and suits so grand,
Adorned with jewels, at one’s command.

But alas, the truth is laid bare,
For some to own, it’s just not fair,
For in this world, where pixels gleam,
Not all can grasp the rarest dream.

Yet still, some seek a shimmering guise,
With items fake, yet to their eyes,
They sparkle bright, in vibrant hues,
Their worth not measured by revenue.

For in the heart of every player,
Lies a spark, a flame, a glayer,
To don the best, to stand with pride,
In pixels, they find a place to confide.

So let them wear their faux attire,
In Roblox realms, where dreams aspire,
For in this world of virtual play,
It matters not, the price we pay.

For in the end, it’s all a game,
A world of wonder, without shame,
So wear your fake, with joy and glee,
For in Roblox, we all run free.

1 Like

(This reply is primarily about the free ugc changes)

The most frustrating part about this for me is the lack of transparency or warning before this change.

I have already advertised a free UGC for the completion of the Egg Hunt event in Obby Creator. 20,000 people have successfully completed the event and I was planning on giving out this UGC this weekend.

It was going to cost $1,400. Now it will cost $7,000. This is not a small difference, and with this new price I wouldn’t have even made the UGC in the first place. But now I’ve already committed to doing it, so there isn’t really a good solution here - I either spend loads of money or back out and hurt the trust between the player’s & I.

I’m not sure how I stand on the new prices, 100 does seem a little high compared to the previous 10-30 robux per unit.
I think opening the market generally is good, the moderation will fix itself over time, but the pricing structure here is weird. Anyone can make a Roblox game but only people with enough money can make UGC? Feels strange.

5 Likes

I hope Roblox is already aware of this issue and is in talks about this. But your response is really good, I hope they saw it.

1 Like

in a perfect world this would be one of the best updates to the platform of all time but unfortunately i cannot help but worry about those that will take advantage of this to upload things that, well, should not be uploaded. i suppose bad actors are a given anyway [and they have been] but even with id verification, the price it costs to upload ugc on its own, and the premium requirement, is that going to be enough to at least prevent more of them from getting in as easily? im worried it wont be enough but it’s too soon to tell right now.

1 Like

I’m hoping that there will be an initial burst of crap and it will settle - I think that’s Roblox thinking - I’m a serious 3D designer and have prepared a lot of items and my goal is to produce original quality items - here’s hoping the quality raises and the crap ceases being pumped out!

1 Like

I’d honestly only cherish this update for the fact you can upload your own avatar items for yourself. Trying to find matching colors and decent accessories to make the avatar you wanted was miserable, but now you could upload matching ones.

But yeah, you guys made the UGC catalog more hellish to browse through. Congrats.

people are already weaponizing public ugc to make bypassed/questionable things

1 Like

did you mean a 200% increase? because it triples the price, not quadruples it

Aww I don’t have enough for premium

Oh yeah, dig the grave for UGC creators that entered the program through applications, and make random kids able to make 3D copies and horrible looking stuff. Great update indeed.

What is the age Limit for creating ugc? do you have to be 18?

You goddamn right, theres already 100+ goku hair reuploads + Real trademarks like monster :sob:

1 Like

I’ve been waiting so long for this update and now it’s here! But I faced some problems, I can publish an item in Studio, even when I don’t have premium and I can’t buy it in my country. So must I worry that I’ll loose 750 robux by publishing my accessory or not? :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

rich roblox users on their way to make the most unique/bypassed items offsale only for them

1 Like