Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

Is there also a reason why my premium page looks like this? Why would it say ‘Not Available’ for those exact tiers? For other friends, it shows that Premium 450 is unavailable but they can get Premium 1000 and it stays? I had Premium 1000 for over a year and it cancelled for no reason a month ago and I could only get the Premium 450 only?

3 Likes

Mfw i have to sell my entire house and be homeless just for a red cube but its fine because i got a 1 stock low effort ugc made by some random guy :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

1 Like

thats how humans act? yeah, but wouldn’t society be a better place if we weren’t as materialistic and didn’t value each other based on wealth? We all have it in us to some extent, but I’d rather not continue to glue kids from a young age to a platform which encourages this behavior through its design. I’ll be honest and tell you that this “noble” cause is only a small part of my motivation. I simply dislike a part of the community (especially the older community) because of these things, and would love to seem them squirm over their precious virtual status symbols.

Getting ID-verified is hard enough, now we have to waste money each month? It’s not like everyone has an ID with them and money to afford Premium. They might as well just not have anyone upload at all :sob::pray:

You have to cancel the subscription to premium 450 from your account settings, then when it runs out subscribe to premium 1000 or 2200

It takes 5 minutes at most to take a screenshot of your ID and upload it to the service roblox uses.

they dont accept fake ids though

2 Likes

Oh, what a terrible, terrible decision this was. Let the downhill spiral of knockoffs and scams commence.

1 Like

its been a honour serving with you all.
:saluting_face:

1 Like

Another good update locked behind ID verification. I’d be more than okay with these changes if not to be locked behind ID verification which does very little to improve security. Why do accounts like mine (nearly 10 years of basically no moderation) get ignored but someone with a month old account and ID verifies is considered trusted? I just don’t understand.

Great update as always, never, Roblox!
Your developers that you profit millions off of love hate you!

5 Likes

Imagine promoting your discord server by putting it in the title of an item :skull:

So we have to pay double for uploading and publishing?

Oh boy! I can’t wait to upload 20 different colored beveled cubes to the catalog!

1 Like

I’m very happy to see this release. Many people are skeptical about public UGC but most can agree that players should be able to generate their own items. It is about the same level as users creating an experience. There will always be bad actors that are looking to cause issues, however, moderation can only improve from here. As this exists longer and longer, the negatives of public UGC will be resolved. Can’t wait to see what I can make!

1 Like

Staring at this in bewilderment myself. Literally can’t figure out how to manage my subscription from the page all about subscriptions. And when I finally go through a help article to find the instructions for how to manage my subscription, I find my payment method for my recurring subscription isn’t even shown on the payment methods page (???), and that I need to completely cancel my subscription, wait for it to expire, and then speedrun buying Premium 1000 and hope anything I have on sale isn’t taken down for me to manually fix afterwards.

If I wanted to upload UGC today, this is just not possible? I have to cancel and wait for this subscription to run out and then subscribe to 1000?

What?

Why is this so scuffed??

I’ve never had a company give me so much trouble just for trying to give them more money.

12 Likes

Overtime this is going to get worse due to oversaturation of items people are going to be making little to nothing while ROBLOX is probably making 10x more from UGC being public.

Oh come on, Why roblox premium?!

Let’s play a Game!
SPOT THE COPYRIGHT LAWSUITS

Free marketing ig?

2 Likes

The company themselves has to contact Roblox to take it down.

Public UGC with the included restrictions and the advanced automatic and manual moderation Roblox has will make it impossible for anyone to create sexual or inappropriate UGC items.

Public UGC is a step in the right direction.

1 Like