Opening up Marketplace to More Creators

I know but remember what happened to audios….

2 Likes

Can’t wait for more engine / Studio workflow improvements.

Music companies were the main motivators to make Roblox sounds private.

A music company can’t copyright a model (unless it infringes on brand merch)

2 Likes

You don’t think brands will get mad about there logos and such being used on a kids game with no money going to them?

Hype!! Can’t wait to see what people create with this.

2 Likes

The music industry cares way more about their music being used than a logo or a knock-off shirt

1 Like

Best update in a long time!!! I love this

2 Likes

woe, the gates of hell has been opened to the condemned souls
abandon all hope, ye who think UGC can be saved

1 Like

So, with this going public, are your standards and rules for UGC going to be stricter? Are you going to put more effort into the blatant copyright infringing, or just continue to approve those items and deal with the consequences later?

4 Likes

Its a good thing. But the requirement may be a bit too much for most people, specially those who are just starting.
But how else would we remove the majority of bots that are eager to start publishing repeated and random UGCs?

This part sounds like a joke:

500k to publish a free limited with 5k stocks?

1 Like

With this update, I think the community and I agree we should have a firmer moderation and reporting system for UGC Marketplace items that do not meet marketplace guidelines.

Currently, there are a lot of items that infringe on IPs, including Roblox’s. Knockoff limiteds

2 Likes

I imagine this is going to be a very rocky start, but still excited for this update.

I believe once some of the wrinkles are ironed out, and the trolls have had their fun it will be greatly beneficial to the community as a whole to have the ability to create things on the marketplace.

Of course, with something like this, Roblox really should bring on a much larger team of moderators dedicated specifically to asset creation. They’re going to need it more than ever now.

3 Likes

Oh yeah this is defiantly gonna go well

Okay, so I think its awesome that I can make UGC now but…

:robux_light:750 for uploading the asset.
At least :robux_light:1000 for one month of Premium.
And :robux_light:1000 to publish the item to the marketplace.

This boils down to :robux_light:2750, which is roughly $34.38 USD just to upload a single item. That’s almost 40 bucks bro-

Nice :+1:

(I hope I’m incorrect and its actually a bit cheaper but it probably isn’t)

2 Likes

finally someone else with the same error message as me, have you figured it out yet?

should be more expensive to weed out bad actors

1 Like

Yea. Turns out that if you commissioned the item, you need to upload the Mesh and Texture from the item you got and upload it yourself. You also cannot have anyone else’s mesh/texture in your UGC or it won’t work(EG, upload the item and texture to your own account by downloading the model).

2 Likes

I have premium 1000, and I am ID verified, and I have not been warned, or moderated for a year and a half, and it was a 1 day ban. Am I just not allowed to upload? Or am I missing something! Help!

The original and unique creations thus far:

The group in question is uploading assets that were made (or uploaded) by other users, some being as old as a decade. More specifically the Doritos bag, that’s been around since forever. You guys should’ve just stuck with the manual UGC applications, because this is definitely going to cause a lot of issues in terms of quality and legal trouble down the line.

8 Likes

Use the report button if you have an issue with someone breaking the roblox terms of service

Roblox is not held accountable for what people upload in terms of UGC; the IP holders need to contact roblox and have stuff taken down if there is an issue.

3 Likes