Option to remove gender from existing account

Roblox has made the option to select a gender when creating an account optional a few days ago.
I personally think this is a great change for non-binary people!

The problem is that existing users can’t remove their gender from their account. It would be amazing if there comes a option to deselect your gender in your account settings.

This is a small feature request, but I think it would be amazing for people who are non-binary (or just don’t want a gender set in their account).

6 Likes

As a temporary (hacky) workaround, you can manually send a POST request to https://accountinformation.roblox.com/v1/gender with a “gender” of “1”. (2 is male, 3 is female.) This will set it internally to neither of the two gender options:

5 Likes

Just curious, was this already possible before Roblox made the gender option at registration optional?

I don’t know, since I just tested this recently. From what I’ve been told, there was a point in time where you could set it to any number, so I think this behavior has been around since they patched that.

1 Like

Why was this flagged? This is a valid feature request. edit: yeah, this is a duplicate of Stop Giving Two Gender Options; Acknowledge Non-Binary Users

btw, full support; its a small, easily actionable change that will help make Roblox just a bit more inclusive :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I know. I wasn’t clear when posting this. I keep getting messages from system that it is restored by staff. I don’t know what is going on.

1 Like