Other kind of support in help and feedback

What do you mean by other kind of support?

You probably had this problem before, let’s say for example. You wanted to ask did you make your shirt right, but you can’t find matching category! Now you are confused, which category do you use. This is where Other category steps in, made for people that can’t find matching category for they’re question.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that just be #help-and-feedback:art-design-support

5 Likes

That’s just an example, there can be other things

Include them in the feature request. If you only have 1 example that doesn’t actually apply, it’s unlikely for the feature to get added.

If you want to convince staff that an extra category is needed, then you have to provide lots of examples. Currently your post contains none.

If you can’t think of any, maybe you could link to topics where people have had to misuse another category due to the lack of “other”.

If you can’t find any and can’t think of any to include then perhaps it isn’t as common as you think it is and there’s no need to add the category.

I think you are looking for something like this?:

1 Like

Thanks for the feature request!

I don’t think we will add a “miscellaneous” support category. Questions should always fall in a specific category, to help others find your question.

I think we can do better in terms of helping users pick the right labels and categories for their questions. We’ll start thinking about how we could solve that. Ideally it should be hard for people to make mistakes here (e.g. try to automate the label selection for them, in case they don’t know) for the best user experience.

We just added a category here to fill some of the kinds of questions that didn’t have a “right” place to fit in before: Add a #platform-usage-support category to prevent off topic posts - #44 by Hooksmith

Closing out this request since we won’t be implementing the request as-is (we won’t add a “miscellaneous” category for now).

1 Like

I am unable to create a topic directly from #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support .

See this bug report:

Please try hard-refreshing (CTRL+F5 on most devices/browsers) to ensure you have the latest config cached locally.

This topic was automatically closed after 11 days. New replies are no longer allowed.