PackageLinks keep registering changes that didn't happen

Reproduction Steps

Select packages in certain place files are constantly registering non-existent changes.

Expected Behavior

I expect the package to remain in its Up To Date state, as I’m not updating or tinkering with it.

Actual Behavior

The package is constantly registering new updates and refuses to sit in its Up To Date state, rendering the feature entirely useless as it locks the place from publishing entirely.

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
A private message is associated with this bug report

2 Likes

This has been a source of pain for us for a long time.

I believe there is already a bug report for this from years ago, which I can’t find now. It is to do with having humanoids in the packages.

Found the existing bug reports:

Thanks for the report! The issue is being investigated and i’ll come back with updates when available.

2 Likes

All of my packages in my experience work as intended, except for a big folder in ServerStorage where I keep all of my assets in, such as NPCs, sounds, particles, and etc. I’ve had issues in the past where it would stop detecting package updates and error every time I would edit it, causing me to have to destroy the package link and create a new one. This doesn’t happen anymore, but I am receiving the issue where a change happens on the package, when I made no changes myself. This makes it tedious as whenever I open another place, I’ll have to publish the package because it thinks I’ve made changes when I never touched it in the first place.

I’ve had this a few times before with models in my games. Usually occurs when positioning models that are far from the origin of the game as the brick shift caused by floating point errors results in the package registering as “changed” even after clicking undo.

Hey everyone. So many changes have happened to packages, we’re going to assume this is fixed by now. Thanks again for the report and sorry it took so long. Please file again if you’re still having trouble.

1 Like