Packages broke my ability to connect to my universe?

On opening a specific place in Roblox Studio, I receive this error:

My game on the sidebar looks like this at that time:

After clicking okay, my game looks like this on the sidebar:

I cannot edit LinkedSources as a result, and I cannot go to the multiple places within my game.

This started approximately 10 minutes ago after I published changes to a few packages and began updating them in places within my game. It broke halfway through and I cannot update my game as a result.

I have tried restarting my computer, publishing the one place I can access, updating studio, and logging in and out. This is my only game that I cannot edit normally. This is one of my only games with packages.

I am now left with a half-broken game due to the fact I can’t access the unupdated places within it.

1 Like

Nearly 12 hours later, still the same issue. Has anyone else experienced this before?

I will take a look at this on our end. It appears to be some kind of server issue judging by the 500 error, but I will keep this thread updated on what I find.

1 Like

Alright thank you for the heads up. Really eager to know the solution because right now most of my game is stuck broken from this. :sad:

This might have something to do with this issue that was reported a few weeks ago?

I’m not sure tbh. I too had this issue a while back, but the workaround solved it for me.

Don’t mean to spam, but have you found anything yet @IcyTides?

Hoping I can catch you before the end of your work day - I’m losing a lot of revenue and retention due to this.

I know the fix for this, but I’ll have to find the thread in like a minute or so.

Basically, this is caused by Studio crashing in the middle of publishing your game. It plagued my game for like 2 weeks before I figured out how to fix it.

Edit:
Link to the original bug post:

Edit #2:

The solution to this problem is to simply update a package within your game or create a new one and update that one. For some reason, a package failing to update causes the game to think it’s not published.

1 Like

This seems like it’s the issue/may be related, but your solution is not working for me.

1 Like

Have you tried restarting Studio afterwards? It’s pretty much, to my knowledge, the same bug that I was experiencing with packages.

I have, yes. My guess is (if it is the same problem), I can’t fix it because the messed up package is in a place I can’t access.

Go through all places in the game universe that are affected. And publish the packages individually.

It’ll only fix itself once the package in the offending place is updated. You should be able to go to each place through the website. [[ This is also why I’m against things being integrated solely into studio with no website alternative. ]]

Configure Game -> Places

1 Like

That was it. I found the place that had the broken package: https://www.roblox.com/games/2830462824/CND-Lava-Lake

This bug is obnoxious and honestly should be borderline critical lol. Thank you so much. :heartbeat:

1 Like

No problem, @cloakedyoshi! Glad I could help! :slight_smile:

I agree it should be fixed, and I’m honestly kinda surprised it’s been like 5 months and nothing has been done to fix the bug.

1 Like

Sorry to take so long to get back to you on this @cloakedyoshi . We have deployed a fix to this issue so you should not run into it in the future. If you do, please tell us.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.