Participate in our first Builder Challenge!

What they are implying is that you are not able to use Plugins (like 3D text). The only way is if you build it by hand (aka parts).

3 Likes

The only issue with this argument is the peculiar choice of words in the post. While many have gathered that you can’t use any plugins, the post says that the build can not function via the use of plugins. I’m not entirely sure what this means, but I think it means that plugins like the Waterfall Generator aren’t allowed (as the waterfall it generates can’t been function without the plugin being available in the first place). I assume that this also applies to realism plugins.

1 Like

Do i have to sign up for this Builder’s challenge? It seems really interesting.

2 Likes

What does this mean? Also can I use paint.net to create textures? Or is that the external software they were talking about that I can’t use?

2 Likes

No, you can’t use paint.net to create textures - you have to use the built-in textures (e.g. wood, carpet, neon) to create the build.

3 Likes

You don’t, but you do need to refer to this post once you’re done with your build to submit it.

1 Like

Is this a good pine tree? I am not very experienced with low-poly style building :confused:

keep try then you get what you want

3 Likes

I build mine a month ago. Where do I submit this thing?

1 Like

Lol I can make stuff look like 2008 roblox I can also build modern stuff but won’t be able to compete with other developers that are amazing.
So I have no choice to step down and not take part of this challenge.

3 Likes

Don’t step down. No one is gonna judge you, its just for fun. Give it your best shot!

7 Likes
1 Like

Another post was made recently detailing where/how to submit our builds; you might want to check it out if you want your work to be entered successfully.

Here it is:

1 Like

How do we submit our creations?

My suggestions:

1. Change the cones’ material to Grass (also try messing with the colors till you get what you think looks the best)
  2. Make each cone (the model you used for the tree’s leaves) taller. Having them squized like that is a bit weird lol
  3. As you move higher on the tree, make the cones smaller in order to make it look more tree-like
    Example: (this is just a 1 minute model I made to show you what I mean by making them smaller as you move higher)
4 Likes

@greatneil80 Now’s your chance to get famous. Do it!

I don’t build low poly because I don’t use blender. I can’t use plugins and it takes forever to script stuff… and i gotta apply brain when scripting xd

2 Likes

You can still try… Just get Blender

1 Like

It’s not neccessary to use scripts for this! Also…

You can only use Roblox Studio, so experience in 3D modeling applications like Blender is useless here :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Replying to @mattozzo and @Sharkyia, no. You cannot use plugins!