Particle transparency issue/bug

im having this issue where my particle becomes transparent as it approaches the ground (or any part for that matter)

ive searched for a solution far and wide but ive found nothing, any help is appreciated
i want it so its fully visible when near the floor
changing the z index does nothing :confused:

3 Likes

Where is your ground/floor in this video?

Do you have Fog or Lighting properties set up that are making it seem transparent?
Try leaving the Part stationary and moving the camera with WASD to see if it’s a distance from camera issue.

Is this really a Particle? ParticleEmitters emit particles that have images on them. You are moving a Part that seems to have a Texture or Decal on it.

I saw another post that mentioned images not appearing, but it may be the grid Texture that was on his baseplate that was interfering with the image.

having the same issue, bumping so i can also find a solution

its the basic baseplate without the texture

1 Like

yep particle that i managed to get to look like an image, ive removed the grid texture from the baseplate, ill check if its the fog in a bit

edit: no fog, nothing is causing this, it just appears on its own

Is the emitter in an attachment or directly in the part?

attachment but it still does the same thing regardless if its parent is an attachment of a part

I meant making the part the parent, not the attachment. This sometimes makes a difference as some particles have visibility issues when inside a small attachment as opposed to a larger part.

Part being parent makes no difference

1 Like

Check out this recent post, if you weren’t able to find a solution then see this one:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.